IGNORED

teclusion question

GBAILEY

I have a R1150RT 2002 55,000 miles that has a teclusion fitted. It was on when I bought it and it runs very nicely. Its obveously doing its job with helping to cut out the surging. One question though the two wires that go from the unit to the injector only goes to one injector not two. I assumed that it would need to communicate with both injectors. Im sure theres someone out there with the answer?

Cheers

There is only one injector output from the ECU and both injectors are wired in parallel and fire at the same time. So, the Techlusion can connect to either injector output as they are really both the same signal.

Thanks for that. I new there must have been a good answer as the bike runs sweet. Just didnt seem right.

Cheers

Thanks for that. I new there must have been a good answer as the bike runs sweet. Just didnt seem right.

Cheers

1200bmer

There is a lot of information on this site regardinon this topic. Like yours, my bike had a teclusion installed when I bought it. Then I started researching and got real interested on what people were saying about a valve adjustment and TBS. My first time trying it , I did not get very good results and decided to keep the teclsion turned on. Then, with the help of a member from this board, I did the valves and TBS again. The bike ran much better but not surge free. I then removed the CAT plug (much info on this site as well) and my bike is now running great with the teclusion off. I took a while but the investment in time and effort was really worth it. The bike is better than ever and my MPG is up from mid 30's to low 40's. Depending on how much you like to work on your bike, you may want to do some research yourself.

good luck.

a thumbsup.gif

Archived