IGNORED

Ztechnic V Stream Windshield

boatzo

I just installed my new V Stream and what a difference. It is absolutely great. The top of My stock windshield always hit me at eye level and when I would lower it slightly, it would buffet my helmet. Now with the V Stream all the way up, I am looking through the windshield and I can lower it almost all the way before I get the buffeting.

Highly recommended. thumbsup.gif

I've had mine on for about 8 months and love it. It transfers some airflow/buffeting to my arms/shoulders (their pics on their website shows this in fact) but keeps it off my head & face. Much less tiring not having to fight that head blast.

Jim

Did you have any problem with the fit? The catalog only lists the 2002 thru 2004 models, I have a 1998, and remember reading somewhere on one of the forums that the earlier models had 3 mounting holes and the newer ones only had 2 mounting holes, or maybe I have it backward, I'm too lazy to walk out to the garage and see how many holes mine has. Anyway I was thinking about changing to the V, and if it did not have enough holes, it ought to be pretty simple to drill an extra one. I am courious as what you experienced on your installation.

Thanks,

Steve

No problem mounting/installing at all. They make several different versions for different bikes. They list this one for the R1150RT and the year as you state. I threw this out on this forum sometime back and got a response that it was the same for the R1100RT.

I ordered mine from Bob's BMW and also asked them at the time and they said it would fit and it did. BTW, they are great to deal with and I had it in 2 days. thumbsup.gif

Thanks! I've ordered from Bob's in the past and have always gotten good service. There are no discounts, but good service has a price!

Steve

I've been unsatisfied with my stock windshield for precisely the reasons you mentioned above. I like to ride with the ws in a lower pos - esp when windy but with a modular helmet (Nolan) that ended up being mercilessly loud.

Read about lots of winshield but the description of this one on Bob's website sounded and looked best to me. Thanks for your reviews, guys. thumbsup.gif

I am going to go order one. I'm headed to Bob's anyway for my 6K.

If anyone wants one cheap, let me know. I just installed mine last night, and took it on a 30 mile loop today. I miss my Aeroflow, so I'll be selling the Ztechnic. $155 including shipping. It's brand new. Thanks.

-MKL

I had an Aeroflow on my 2000 RT and I think it was a little quieter than the Cee Bailey I have on my 2004 RT now. It seemed to offer better wind protection. The only thing I didn't like about the Aeroflow was the back draft it created when I raised it high enough to quiet the buffeting to my helmet.

What was your impression of the VStream?

Ron

I found it offered significantly less protection than the Aeroflow - no surprise, considering the size differences. Most who rave about the V-stream are likely comparing to stock or other small shields. While certainly better than stock, it is not a maximum protection shield like the Aeroflow. This morning, I left in 23 degrees for my 55 mile highway commute. I need full coverage, so I need to use something larger.

It IS well made, though. The material and edges are of excellent fit and finish.

-MKL

My only comparison is the V Stream to the stock WS. I have not tried the Aeroflow. You are right about a big difference in size to the stock. Fortunatly I don't have to ride in the conditions that you do Moshe.

Not that cold where I live, but I did appreciate the protection of the Aeroflow, especially after coming off of a K1200LT. I'm just trying to find a shield that gives me close to the same protection without the back draft pressure.

I don't want to hear the wind roaring passed my helmet so I'd elevate the Aeroflow so it was just a little lower than eye level. I didn't have to peer through the windshield at all to experience a relatively quiet ride. But at that height, it does produce a noticable back draft, and on 35-40 degree mornings, that wind is cold on the back of my neck.

Ron

Archived