IGNORED

RT Fuel filter/pump removal

Brian PDQ Signs

Brian PDQ Signs

I've looked at 3 different manuals and I seem to have conflicting images of how to remove that rascal.

I have a connector with 2 blues wires (circled in picture) that I think need to be disconnected before I can remove the pump/filter assy. Can anyone verify this and if there are any other tidbits let me know.

2201038520062873392GILkAh?vhost=rides

Thanks,

Stan Walker

Can't see your picture, but there is a two wire cable that plugs into a connector on the inside of the fuel pump access plate. The cable comes from the fuel level sender assembly at the right front of the fuel tank (tall tube shaped thing).

I cut and pasted your link and yes, that cable is the one I described. It exists on 1100 and 1150 RT's, but I'm not sure about RTP's.

Stan

Brian PDQ Signs

Stan,

Do I need to take the tube out? I'm afraid that if I disconnect that blue wire connector I'll have a heck of a time hooking it back up.

2201038520062873392GILkAh_th.jpg

Joe Frickin' Friday
Stan,

Do I need to take the tube out? I'm afraid that if I disconnect that blue wire connector I'll have a heck of a time hooking it back up.

2201038520062873392GILkAh_th.jpg

Tube? You mean the fuel level sensor? No, that stays put; that's why you pull this connector off. Don't worry, the plug stays right there, it'll be easy to find when you're ready to put the pump/filter/plate assembly back in.

Brian PDQ Signs

Looks like I'm going to get some new hoses (just go get about 10' worth and replace them all), mine are so brittle and cracking it just makes sense to do it. Looks like I'll need that rubber bushing on the end of the pump too!

2985460650062873392DRZiSo_th.jpg

Anyone need any more pictures for their album just ask smirk.gif

Thanks for the help folks!

Archived