IGNORED

Suburban Machinery "lowered" shift lever????????

Couchrocket

Couchrocket

Any of you using Suburban's lowered shift lever in combination with their lowered rider pegs on an 1150RT?

I'd be grateful for your comments, good or bad.

TIA

Scott:

I am, I like it a lot. I could'nt shift my RT after I put on the peg droppers without this lever. It's kind of a bugger to install, but well worth the effort.

Bob

thumbsup.gif

Scott:

I am, I like it a lot. I could'nt shift my RT after I put on the peg droppers without this lever. It's kind of a bugger to install, but well worth the effort.

Bob

thumbsup.gif

Will you fill us in on the difficulty of the shifter installation? Thanks.

Kathy46 has one on her 1150RT with lowered Suburban pegs and she likes it...Had it installed (wimp-like) and had the adjuster screwed all the way up on the stock lever to try and make

it work with lowered pegs by lowering the toe...It didn't and then changed to the Suburban shifter without re-adjusting the rod....It let the shifter go too far down and hit the bottom of the slot in the side panel and it would jump out of first 'cause it wasn't completely in gear....Readjustment worked and it's fine.....Well made products and expensive....

Phil........Redbrick

Couchrocket

Not really hard at all .....take your time and all will be worth it.

BTW, all linkage will go back together just like it was disassembled., the lever is just reconfigured

Thanks! I'll order them up on Monday! thumbsup.gif

Scott:

You need to remove the left fairing and the left peg / shifter mounting plate. It is best to get the adjustment right (rod with adjustable length) before you re-install the plate. It's tough to adjust it with the plate in place. You'll enjoy the shifter, it makes the low pegs work perfectly.

Bob

thumbsup.gif

Scott:

You need to remove the left fairing and the left peg / shifter mounting plate. It is best to get the adjustment right (rod with adjustable length) before you re-install the plate. It's tough to adjust it with the plate in place. You'll enjoy the shifter, it makes the low pegs work perfectly.

Bob

thumbsup.gif

thanks Bob

Scott... I must have been just lucky when i installed my shifter lever as I didn't adjust anything and it has been a good fit for my foot (size 91/2 Oxtar riding boot)

Archived