IGNORED

R1150RT Parking Lamp newbie question

davewave

Maybe you are turning the key too far when you turn it off. If you go past "Off" you get to a "Parking-Lamp-On" position. At least this is so on the 1100RT. I assume the 1150 is the same.

Slyder_Steve

Yep, same on the 1150. The "P" is one click too far--unless, of course, you're wanting your parking lamp lit eek.gif

And welcome to the board!!

Steve

I recently purchased a 2004 R1150RT, it seems that the parking lamp (little bulb near lens) is always on. Is this normal?

In addition to being on when the key is in the fully counterclockwise position it will be on whenever the headlight is on. It is hard to see this because the headlight pretty much drowns it out. I have always assumed that that this is in case your headlight bulb burns out you will still be visible to others in the dark. If it is on any other time you may have a problem.

DavidEBSmith

I have always assumed that that this is in case your headlight bulb burns out you will still be visible to others in the dark.

Not entirely. It's actually called the "front position lamp" or "parking lamp" and is used in Europe when parking on narrow streets, so make your vehicle visible. It also incidentally provides some minimum visibility if your headlight burns out.

Archived