IGNORED

Just a little trip to the store...

Bob Palin

The weather has been sweltering this week, I mean 65 yesterday and 73 today, what's that about! I needed a few things from the store so I got the RT out, somehow just as I approached Loa it made a right turn, all by itself, honestly dear.

There was still a little snow on 'The Mountain' to the west of Loa

shop001.jpg

Pretty soon I realised where the bike wanted to go, up Sweeper Madness and even towards Fish Lake on UT25

shop002.jpg

The reservoir is still frozen

shop003.jpg

but the cracks of spring are appearing

shop004.jpg

further up the I came round a corner to suddenly find this, they don't clear the upper section of the road because it's used as a snowmobile route to get from Fish Lake into the high country.

shop005.jpg

Back on SM, at the top of the hills the locals call The Hogans, I was shocked to see how little snow is left, even the Henries look a bit patchy

shop006.jpg

Time to get the dirt bike out and see if it's possible to get over the top to Cathedral Valley

The air was really clear, these are the La Sal mountains over near Moab

shop007.jpg

Just a little snow left in the dry lake, two winters ago there was so much snow that the lake filled up and had water in it for most of the summer.

shop008.jpg

From here it was a quick blast along the nice bit of I70 to Richfield to do the shopping...

...Pretty soon I realised where the bike wanted to go, up Sweeper Madness and even towards Fish Lake on UT25

shop002.jpg

Now THAT brings back some fun memories...Thanks for posting this Bob.

Mike O

AdventurePoser

Bob,

Wow, the clarity was outstanding that day, wasn't it? You are right, spring is right around the corner!

Steve

Tons of traffic that day Huh Bob? The thing that is so great about that part of the country is the open space & lack of traffic. Beautiful pictures.

Pat

Archived