IGNORED

Shake down ride

Peter W

I know I'm mostly a lurker, and I haven't met any of you, but I love looking at your ride reports so I thought I'd post one of my own. I recently bought a K1200RS year 2000, coming from a 200,000 mile K100RS. Finally got it into the desert to see if I like it (I do, says I). Here are my thoughts:

What a bike! Smooth as glass and rock solid. Even in wind. It was pretty darn windy in the Antelope Valley going out toward Death Valley from L.A., but once I got to Palmdale it was OK, and the farther I went the better it got. It was dead calm in DV this morning. The new OEM comfort shield did a great job. I am happy with it. Enough chatter

K1200inDV.jpg

valleyroad.jpg

Overlooking Death Valley, my favorite spot.

rest%20stop.jpg

Now for a history lesson:

ballarat.jpg

panamint.jpg

Love this bike, love the desert. The usual gangs of Harleys were out this weekend, a few BMWs and a Wing or two. There is nothing like riding alone and setting one's own pace for hours on end. Not that I don't like playing with others.

Thanks for listening.

Peter

AdventurePoser

Nice work, Peter, and welcome to the DB! I'm looking forward to many ride reports and pictures...

Steve in So Cal

Firefight911

Nice job!

Oh how I do miss my '00 K1200RS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Mine was exactly as yours is; silver/blue, smooth as silk, . . . .

Arrrgggghhhhhhhh!

Welcome! Look forward to hearing more about one of my favorite BMW's. thumbsup.gifwave.gif

Bill_Walker
Nice job!

Oh how I do miss my '00 K1200RS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Mine was exactly as yours is; silver/blue, smooth as silk, . . . .

I hear CoolJamie's got one for sale... grin.gif

Nice tale, Peter!

Firefight911
Nice job!

I hear CoolJamie's got one for sale... grin.gif

Nice tale, Peter!

Watch it mister!!!!! You can't get him all worked up like that....lmao.giflmao.giflmao.gif

Damn. Just seeing that long two-lane desert road is making me wish Torrey was just around the corner; I'm looking forward to crossing NV on the Beast. grin.gif

Archived