IGNORED

Baehr Heated Seat for R1200ST

zacharymay

Has anyone heard about this seat before? I was looking around for aftermarket seats last night and ran across it on Baehr UK's page. I'm not sure there's any division of Baehr that imports them to the U.S. Check it: Baehr UK.

Firefight911

Wow!!! That is very appealing!

Searching their website reveals seats for KRS's, to FJR's, to ST Honda's, and GTS Yamaha's.

Anyone out there have any experience with these?

I have a Baehr comm. system and like it. It would sure be nice to have my butt not "communicate" pain to me after a long day.

I may have to ask my dealer if they have access to these! thumbsup.gif

Great price as well!!!! Converts to $578.49 USD.

Hmmmmmmm!!!! grin.gif

right on my bloody doorstep!!! blush.gif

I've just paid a specailist who'd never heard of a BMW R1200ST dopeslap.gif to alter my seat for those looooong days in the saddle and I could have visited this place.

Seat does look good and I'm going to take a trip out to this place in the next two weeks as the bike will be out of hibernation very soon thumbsup.gif

If they have one in stock I've give you the low down on it.

Firefight911

So, I contacted Baehr USA regarding the seat and this is their reply:

Phil,

We do not plan on importing Baehr heated seats into the USA. The

requirement for getting one of their seats is to send them your seat pan and

they will build the seat for you on that pan. This would involve a very

long delay between sending in your seat and receiving the new one.

There are numerous seat manufacturers in the USA and we would not be

competitive by importing the Baehr seats.

Thanks,

Baehr USA / NC Sales

866-872-2347

708-343-0400 ext. 123 or 142

Bummer!!!! Guess we'll be seeking an extra set of seat pans and forwarding them over the pond if we want this seat.

bakerzdosen

Yeah, I guess the import taxes on "luxury vinyl" can be pretty high. lmao.gif

So Baehr does custom seats. Interesting.

I have been looking for a custom seat- without having to send in pans. none available in US as far as I can tell...

...I am heading to London in a few weeks... web site not very specific about needing pans sent to company. Perhaps I'll give them a call when I am there... The Brits always seem to have a greater appreciation for RS/STs than US...

Steve C

R1200ST

Firefight911
I have been looking for a custom seat- without having to send in pans. none available in US as far as I can tell...

...I am heading to London in a few weeks... web site not very specific about needing pans sent to company. Perhaps I'll give them a call when I am there... The Brits always seem to have a greater appreciation for RS/STs than US...

Steve C

R1200ST

RTFP

Your pan required per Baehr! wave.gifwave.gifwave.gif

Archived