IGNORED

Advice on soft luggage

BucksTherapy

BucksTherapy

I am looking at soft waterproof luggage to go on the back seat of an R1200RT. I am looking for something that holds at least 50 litres and is really waterproof. I have been looking at the BMW bags but the 51 litre soft bag will not sit on the back seat as its rests on the grab rails. The duffel bag looks interesting but I am wondering if it is really waterproof.

Anyone had good luck with any good size soft bag?

I have been using the SealLine bags for some time. They are completely waterproof. I have been in unbelievable monsoon rains and never had anything get wet. They are cheap and last several years with pretty regular use. I don't mind replacing a bag every four to five years for $20.

I use the 30L bag, but have no reason to think any other size would not work as well. I have found them at Bass Pro and other sporting goods stores.

Yes, as Wurty mentioned. The Helen Two Wheels are used by several of my friends and the quality is outstanding. The guys I know that have them have all said the bags are completely waterproof.

I'll add another vote for Helen Two Wheels. I've had one for several years. Waterproof, simple attachment system that requires no mods. Just works.

I am a fan of Seal Line. Virtually indestructable. I have a Baja 55 bag that holds all of my camping equipment. Rubber material does not scratch anything and stays put. Right length for across the back of the RT tied down to the handrails. Cost $32.65 thumbsup.gif

Stuart Bliwas

I'm a big fan of Helen Two Wheels Luggage. I have the large and extra large depending on the season and lengh of trip as to which I use. Absolutely waterproof I can attest to and extremely versatile. I wouldn't use anything else.

Archived