IGNORED

So. Ca.ride

Heyfrank

Got back late the past to nights. Spring is here. Just a little thank you to steves 1150+50 for setting up the sat ride and it was good to see the group again I"ts neet that everyone came from all over for this ride. It was good to meet you.

Crazy_Canuck
Got back late the past to nights. Spring is here. Just a little thank you to steves 1150+50 for setting up the sat ride and it was good to see the group again I"ts neet that everyone came from all over for this ride. It was good to meet you.

What...No Pics???

AdventurePoser

What...No Pics???

Pix and ride tale coming to a DB near you soon...

Steve

Big thanks to Steve for making this ride happen Saturday. Also thanks to everyone who showed up for making it such a memorable day. One of the many highlights of the day for me was taking Santa Rosa Creek Road, which parallels 46 into Cambria. Approximately 15 miles of incredible scenery, lush green hills, old farm houses, barns. The road itself, very narrow in places, full of potholes, tight and twisty, and lots of fun. The day was as advertised, good BBQ, plenty hot coffee, excellent omelet at Tinas in Maricopa, good company, and riding though some great scenery. thumbsup.gif

That Carl guy alwyas wicked me off because, no matter how hard me and GelStra were galloping through the twisties, that darn Grey Caballero was always one shake behind me! When I rode with you, Steve, I always graciously crazy.gif let you lead, so that, uh, problem never came up!

Hurry with the darn Ride Tale, wouldja! I now have to live my moto life through you!

I left the house Sat morning at 4:30am, rolled back in just past 11pm with an additional 790 miles on the odometer. What a great day of riding! Many thanks to Steve for coming up with the idea and for letting me tag along. It was really great getting to meet everyone as well.

The highlight of the day for me was running 33 from Ojai up to 166. After a few leisurely miles, keithb decided to take the lead and haul ass...I gave chase, couldn't let him have all the fun. That dude can ride! And who was right there behind us but Carl. He's sneaky like that. SRCR was fun as well, but I was fighting off the afternoon sleepies at that point. I'd have enjoyed it more had I been fully awake.

I made good time getting home at least. A normal pace on the slab does wonders for gas mileage...I made it from our last fuel stop at Nipomo back to Palm Springs on one tank. A new record for me, 295 miles! I'm looking forward to the next ride, whenever it may be.

O.K. a few pictures to hold you over until Steve gets his post up.

142_1244.jpg

142_1245.jpg

142_1246.jpg

Great Day!! 660 miles (my longest day to date) Great Food, Great Friends. It just doesn't get any better.

Yea, I know the dates are wrong, but I was to busy RIDING to notice!!! grin.gif

Great Day!! 660 miles (my longest day to date) Great Food, Great Friends. It just doesn't get any better.

Just went down to the bike to check, it was only 640 miles. thumbsup.gif

Just went down to the bike to check, it was only 640 miles. thumbsup.gif

Slacker! smirk.gif

lmao.gif

Seriously, thanks for the piccies!!! clap.gif

Random scattered thoughts, in no particular order

Hmmm....I was kinda waiting for Steve's post lurker.gif

I had a great ride with you all, as usual thumbsup.gif

I wish I had my GPS so I could have bread crumbed it. smirk.gif

I gotta look through my camera and see what I got. grin.gif

Thanks Steve clap.gif

Archived