IGNORED

Warning Sticker Removal??

Laffo IBA#34115

Laffo IBA#34115

Does anybody remove the warning stickers that are on the tank reminding you the the brakes are servo controlled and that you are not to fast idle the bike at a standstill. I've read these stickers for over three years now and I think I've got. I have not removed them due to some kind of sacreligious feeling I get when I think of doing so. I will somehow think of the bike as not being "complete" if I remove them. I want to do it, but I can't seem to do it.

Anybody take them off? And if so do you ever wish you hadn't?

Choices, choices.

Joe Frickin' Friday

I've still got the "use high octane fuel" sticker on the tank. Doesn't bother me to see it, or at least not enough to motivate me to remove it.

Lone_RT_rider
I've still got the "use high octane fuel" sticker on the tank. Doesn't bother me to see it, or at least not enough to motivate me to remove it.

Mine is so yellowed its not even readable anymore...lol. Maybe it's time to pull it off for aesthetics sake? Thats AFTER I do all the OTHER work I have to do..... *sigh*

Shawn

I removed mine shortly after I got the bike. They stand out more on a Roadster, IMO, and look even uglier.

I just used my fingernails to carefully scrape them off. Some people also use a hair dryer and/or WD-40, but that was not necessary for me.

I removed mine on the way home from the dealer when I bought the bike new (4 states away). Figured it would be easier before they became baked onto the painted finish. The labels were tamperproof and as a consequence, came off in pieces about 1mm square. I must have picked at those things for more than an hour before they were gone.

I've removed lots of them.

The best way I've found/learned is to use a combination of WD40 and the edge of an old credit card. It won't scratch your paint and it saves lots of finger pain that will surely come by using your finger nails (as I've done in the past). Be sure to keep a rag close by to keep the mess contained.

This job takes a lot of patience and, for me, gin and tonics! smirk.gif

Good luck!

Mine is so yellowed its not even readable anymore...lol. Maybe it's time to pull it off for aesthetics sake? *sigh*

Shawn

Shawn, it's probably yellowed from the glow of that Hi-vis stich you ride in. If you are going to take off anything for aesthetics sake it should be that suit. tongue.giflmao.giftongue.gif

Mike

Lone_RT_rider

Mine is so yellowed its not even readable anymore...lol. Maybe it's time to pull it off for aesthetics sake? *sigh*

Shawn

Shawn, it's probably yellowed from the glow of that Hi-vis stich you ride in. If you are going to take off anything for aesthetics sake it should be that suit. tongue.giflmao.giftongue.gif

Mike

Can you see me now?......Goooooooooooooooooooood! grin.gif

Putz....LOL grin.gifthumbsup.gif

Shawn

Can you believe that crap? I remove every sticker and all reflectors, even cut off the ones on the plate holder. I even take that junk off my cars and trucks. I know what they are. lmao.gif

I had a dealer tell me the bike is worth more if you leave

them on. You make the call. smirk.gif

Did he say why? Have you ever paid more for a bike because it had warning stickers on it...or less because they were gone? tongue.gif

It was a Yamaha Dealer, I had already taken all of the

sticker off. The BMW saleman didn't say anything about it

when I traded it. I guess he didn't know. smirk.gif

Laffo IBA#34115

Ok all. I took them off and actually feel quite good about it. Now instead of reading the stickers I can concentratine on riding the bike. Whew! OCD at its worst.

Thanks.

Joe Frickin' Friday
I had a dealer tell me the bike is worth more if you leave

them on. You make the call. smirk.gif

BS

Speculation:

There may be something to it, in that it's a subtle psychological cue that makes the bike seem newer, more detailed, less "dull," less worn. That may increase the appeal of the used bike slightly, but I'd hesitate to put a value on it.

Moreover, if "resale value" is on your mind whenever you are deciding whether or not to modify the bike in some way, then you never will truly own the bike in your own mind.

Archived