IGNORED

Cee Bailey's Custom Seat

akasjl

Any of you have one and if so, your thoughts? I've been very impressed with the items I've purchased from them and would think they make an excellent seat. Let me know your impressions. TIA.

I have one, and it is great. Have had a Corbin that was worse than the stock seat, and a Mayer, not made for me. The Bailey makes long days very pleasurable, as far as seat comfort goes. Guys I ride with fidget and talk about their arses hurtin'. I just sit still til the next fill up. Others may have differing opinions, I would not hestitate to get another Bailey. JMO.

I have the heated front and rear Cee Bailey for my 1100RT. I bought them and took a week long trip to Colorado last summer and was very comfy. My son on the back said he liked this seat much better than stock. I already had a very comfortable seat, but wanted the heated version. After the Colorado trip I took them off and never put them on again til this winter to make sure the heat elements worked. They do get quite toasty. The Oklahoma winter never bothered me enough to use them. I will probably be putting them on the classified board soon.

Had mine made with a 2" rise in it.....the stock seat was soooooooooooo thin............after talking with Steve at CB's. Love it....

Pat

I have had my Cee Baileys seat for about 6 months. If you don't want to spend the money for a true custom from Russell or Mayer then don't bother with the Cee Bailey. The money you save defeats the original purpose. It is better than the Corbin I had, which was better than the stock seat. So no complaints there, but if I had to do over I would have just waited the longer waiting time for a Russell. The seat is very nicely fitted and sewn, but just does not address the shortcomings of the stock seat (not wide enough in the right places). There was a communication problem with Cee Bailey, which I have heard before. I simply kept telling them what size I was and that I wanted the most comfortable seat possible. I ended up with a seat that looks close to stock but with a little added width and better foam. Just not what I had hoped for or expected.

My 04 came with a Cee Bailey front seat. It looked strange with the stock rear seat. I sent both to them and in 2 weeks has matching seats at a very reasonable price. The front seat is very comfortable, and I have taken several long rides on it. Is it as good as a custom made seat, probably not, but then again, I don't do any Iron Butt stuff, so I really don't care.

Archived