IGNORED

Navigator 3 update

PODMAN

4.0 software update disables bluetooth. Updated software yesterday to allow my Nolan n-com and cellphone to work better. Blue tooth firmware will not load all the way it stops at 45%. Anybody run into the same problem.

I have teh 2820 wich is mostly the same. I had the same problem. BT firmware kept updating and sticking at 45%. I shut it off a few times. Eventually it made it through and I was able to pair my phone. Now it works great. QWERTY keyboard is one of my favorite improvements.

Did my Nav III 4.00 software update today, followed by the Bluetooth firmware update. Same issue, stops at 45% of "Updating Bluetooth Firmware". Can not "enable" Bluetooth either. Tried master reset, no luck. Sent Garmin tech support an e-mail, hope they respond soon! Advise against doing the Bluetooth Firmware update, but the unit software update seemed to go OK. Will post with any issues I discover with that, but have not tried it yet. AARRRRGH!

Did my Nav III 4.00 software update today, followed by the Bluetooth firmware update. Same issue, stops at 45% of "Updating Bluetooth Firmware". Can not "enable" Bluetooth either. Tried master reset, no luck. Sent Garmin tech support an e-mail, hope they respond soon! Advise against doing the Bluetooth Firmware update, but the unit software update seemed to go OK. Will post with any issues I discover with that, but have not tried it yet. AARRRRGH!

I reloaded 3.30 for now and the firmware reloaded so there is a problem with this lastest version (4.0). I also e-mailed tech support so if they get enough e-mails about it they will fix it. I was able to connect my nolan headset and cellphone thru the gps and it works really cool. Can't wait to add a radio etc cause it is so nice to have no cables.

Podman,

Which helmet do you have? If it is the new Nolan bluetooth, what is the sound quality like? Do you normally wear ear plugs. I am thinking of doing the same except I wear ear plugs all the time.

Thanks

Don

Any word back from tech support. I have received nothing to date. Anyone else run in to this problem. Also I believe one person got it to load after multiple tries.

Mike

Dublin, Ohio

"Word Back" was "have I tried re-downloading the update?". Why yes I did, several times, thank you very much. "You can call tech support." No thank you, very much. Went back to list of downloads for Nav III today, selected version 4.00, and noticed that bluetooth firmware 2.4 was listed with it, which was different than before, as the bluetooth firmware was shown as an "additional" software previously AFTER the 4.00 update was done using the Webupdater. Anyhow, tried downloading it once again, and the same hang at 45% of the bluetooth firmware update happened. ARRRRGGHH! Said what the heck, and tried the "reset" by holding the map & menu buttons down while powering on, and WHA LAAA!, it worked, completing the bluetooth firmware update. I think Garmin knows there is an issue, has corrected it, and has told nobody, but I'm just the suspicious type anyway! I think they should at least post an FAQ type explanation. I think the "latest" download, and the "reset" is the key to success on this one. MY 2 cents.

Updated to 4.0 no problem except now it disconnects my nolan n-com helmet. Version 3.30 allows the helmet to connect seamlessly and work perfectly.

• 4 weeks later...

I experienced the same problem. I tried re-downloading software and restarting GPS but no luck. But today when I turned on my bluetooth helmet (previously connected to the Navigator) and turned on my BMW Navigator the firmware update completed.

guess I will reload 4.0 again and see what happens. The techs at garmin couldn't even get it to work right so they told me to reinstall 3.0.

I have a 2820 which was delivered with 4.0 installed, my Nolan never stayed connected for more than a second or two. I did a retrograde to 3.3 and my Nolan now stays connected and I hear the navigation voice and MP3s.

However, my Razr V3 complains about signal strength at the moment, so I still have some phone issues. I'll see what happens after some charging time with the phone and Nolan.

I have a 2820 which was delivered with 4.0 installed, my Nolan never stayed connected for more than a second or two. I did a retrograde to 3.3 and my Nolan now stays connected and I hear the navigation voice and MP3s.

However, my Razr V3 complains about signal strength at the moment, so I still have some phone issues. I'll see what happens after some charging time with the phone and Nolan.

That's exactly what happened to me when I loaded 4.0 so I think there is something wrong with the 4.0 version. Someone else needs to let garmin know about this so they will fix it. My nolan and cellphone work fine and as soon as motorola comes out with there D650 bluetooth adaptor for ipod I will have music. I have the same cellphone and it seems to work fine.

• 3 weeks later...
sundaeman

I spoke with Garmin yesterday evening and expressed my displeasure with my 2820 and support for it. He said he spoke with his supervisor, said the software guys are working on the Nolan issue and that it could be resolved in a new release coming out in the next week or two.

For what it is worth...I was messing around switching between different languages (Jill, Karen, Ingrid, etc.). As you may know, the GPS resets itself after each language choice. After about the fourth GPS reset, the Bluetooth Firmware reset itself too. Also, for the record, it was a full moon and I just was in the middle of huge circle, and I had just thrown a bit of salt over my left shoulder. Anywho, the bottom line is that it works 5x5 now.

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for the heads up on this. Just downloaded it without problem. Hope to test it out by the weekend.

Mike

Archived