IGNORED

Noisy gear box

nasc68

I tink i read somewhere about the best oil to help to reduce the noise inside the M93 and M94 gearbox while the engine in running in neutral position, do have experienced this problem with your earlier 1100 oilhead models ? confused.gif

thanks in advance

nasc68

I tink i read somewhere about the best oil to help to reduce the noise inside the M93 and M94 gearbox while the engine in running in neutral position, do have experienced this problem with your earlier 1100 oilhead models ? confused.gif

thanks in advance

nasc68

nasc68, I seriously doubt any gear oil will totally eliminate that pesky neutral gear rattle but if anything would reduce it, it would probably be that Red Line heavy shock proof (the thick red stuff).. That Red Line “heavy” gear oil has an equivalent gear oil viscosity of about 250 weight.. I do use the Red Line heavy shock proof in my 1150 & still have some hot neutral gear rattle though..

Twisty

I would say to ignore it an maybe even be happy that it's there, since a little noise is better than any of the subsequent modifications (o-rings, wave washers) that BMW employed to try to quiet it.

Archived