IGNORED

Who Owes Who(m) a Beer in Gunnison

EffBee

Been lots of people helping lots of people on this BBS. And I'm not just talking about Gunnison. Every day people help each other out with dealer issues, bike problems, tire questions, seat indecisions, and of course, ever-important color choices. And that's just the beginning. The things our members do for each other often extend far beyond just this BBS. So, how does one say, "Thanks, bro."

In response to these efforts on behalf of our fellow BBSers, many have responded with, "First beer in Gunnison's on me." I've seen that more times than I care to mention. So, in order to keep track of Who Owes Who(m) a Beer, I think I'll start with my list.

I owe David Baker a beer. When Cary Littell told me it was time to let go of the BBS and focus on his business, he asked me to find someone to take over. David said "yes" and the rest is history. Thanks, David.

I owe Brant Herbert a beer for all the help he's given me with the Gunnison T-Shirt Ordering Form.

I owe Kris Besley a beer for his help launching the MotoEquip website.

I owe Gleno a beer for his never-ending hospitality.

I owe Tom Roe a beer for comming up with the idea for our own Rally.

I owe Bill Mensch a beer for letting me crash at his place during the Marin BMW Grand Opening weekend.

I owe Cary a beer (if he's able to leave Marin BMW long enough to make an appearance) for his long-standing faith and trust to keep this website moving in the direction he envisioned.

And I owe Shortcut a beer (even though he can't make it to Gunnison) for throwing the best dang Christmas Party I've ever been to.

If I owe you a beer and I forgot, come by and get one. I'll have a few spares in my backpack. Just hit me upside the head with YOUR loaded backpack and say, "Hey, remember when. . ." and I'll pull out a cold one and pop the top for ya.

So, who do you owe a beer to on this BBS for helping or befriending YOU???

I owe a bunch of people a beer but since I have two small children and no money I really hope they forget about it

now on the other hand if they think I look thirsty.. tongue.gif

i oWE a beer to aNY & aLL of you that will be showing up at Gunny - for all the brotherhood and great topics and help that would of cost me millions to maintain my scoot. Just find me next to Fernando...He'll be the one with the bloody dome from everybody whoopin' him up-side the head with their backpack. smile.gif:eek:

Fernando,

I think we owe you a beer for having that spare throttle cable for Russell at DVD!

Denny, weren't you the one that helped him change it? Beer for you too!

(or dessert, or a soft drink, whatever...we don't want to get everyone so loaded they get hungover and miss the beautiful scenery and awesome roads.) wink.gif (this doesn't, however, mean we'll buy CEEEGARS!!! EWWW....) smile.gif

I'll buy a beer for anyone who answers the question: What is the secret of life?? Bring your answer to gunny for a cold one. Multiple brews will be awarded for quality answers.

I owe Polo a beer for pointing out the forest I was missing (for all the #@*! trees in the way)

It looks like we will be there after all . . . can't miss us--we'll be the ones driving the stripped RT with all the nice shiny chrome . . . yeah, that's it . . . a naked RT! . . . that's what it is . . . yeah . . . sure . . .

(Awww heck! Who am I kiddin', anyway?) frown.gif

Okay! It's a Cruiser! There! Ya happy???!!!

Glad to hear that you will make it there ! Flag me down and I'll buy you a whatever ... I'll be the black '99RT that has as many $ spent on trinkets (aka accessories) as the original purchase price ... all inspired by the wisdom and insight of the BBS of course !

Yeeha! Stephen

Recourses (David) owes me 2 beers. I only drank 4 last night at Tenn. Tech and I think it should have been an even six-pack! wink.gif

I owe Percy a cold one, for the personal attention he put into helping me get an avatar up on this board. With out his help I'd still have a box outlined in blue. Thanks Percy!

Laney posted:

In reply to:

Well, I owe Kathy R six of them in Gunnison.

But I'll let her tell you why...

I know who deserves those beers, but I think Dick should buy them. Nuff said. blush.gif

Time for some serious suckin up..

I really owe Cary Littell a whole 6 pac because if it wasn't for him I wouldn't be going to Gunnison tongue.gif

I would still be on a stinkin Harley and it would probably chuck another headgasket around Kingman.

God Bless America and Cary Littell

Christopher

I know I owe a BIG NASTY STEEEENKIN FATTY to Glenzilla. His riding tips are great. He has had my back on this site a time or two. Last but not least I hear the man can cook ribs better than most. This one's for you bud.

Well Wurty, I'm afraid that you'll make a move on my wife. Since you are much bigger and badder than I (not to mention better lookin wink.gif ), ya'll probly kick my arse when a'm forced to defend her virtue and honor.

So, if you keep your paws off my wife, I'd be happy (and in probably in less pain) to buy you a beer.

Not to mention your having earned one anyways for all the comedic relief.

Russell's quote

In reply to:

I'll owe a beer to the rider who steals the batteries out of Wurty's FRS.

What about a six pack for whomever hides his stinkin cigars?

russell_bynum

In reply to:

What about a six pack for whomever hides his stinkin cigars?

Now you're talkin!

That's what I like someone who will hang in there with me when the smoke police start pissin & moanin.

christopher myself and agent 86 will be stinkin up our side of the pool area attracting various lovely wench's and keeping away a few mosquitoes at the same time

Wurty...

I owe you and Agent86 a beer!!!

All because you're gonna keep them stinky-ass ceeeegars at the Ramada... and I'm NOT staying there.... Yeeeee Haaaa!!

(I still love you though, and fully intend to use you as my sex slave every night!! crazy.gif)

kris

Kris said

In reply to:

(I still love you though, and fully intend to use you as my sex slave every night!

Kris,

Do the words "back of the line" mean anything? Wurty will be known as Wurty "Lite" after Gunnison smile.gif

(I still love you though, and fully intend to use you as my sex slave every night!! ) color=blue>

And after all the trouble I went to to get the room next to Wurty's -- I find out he's no longer available...

Such a disappointment tongue.gif

In reply to:

(I still love you though, and fully intend to use you as my sex slave every night!! )

KRISTOPHER!!!

Why that's just a downright unpleasant visual that statement conjures up!

To quote Phoebe from friends: "My eyes! My eyes!"

You boys behave now...otherwise Sock Monkey is going to start looking like the moral upstanding one of the group, and we all know how wild he can be.

In reply to:

I'll owe a beer to the rider who steals the batteries out of Wurty's FRS.

Russell

And I'll owe a beer to whoever puts in another set of batteries into Wurtys radio. There's nothing like tooling along in the triple digits on some back road and having Wurty tell you about the time the girl that lives on the house on the top of the hill you just passed wanted him. Where else do you get this kind of entertainment? Even on rides without Wurty I usually point out to the group at least one babe that wants Wurty.

russell_bynum

Brian,

How true.

It's just that when you're bookin' it up a really tight twisty road with sand in the corners and you're trying to keep your cool as BOTH ends of the bike slide, and Wurty comes on talkin' about chicks that want him or Brown Eyes gettin' all winky...well...it's just downright difficult to concentrate. smile.gif

Wurty..he's not kidding about that last part. EVERY ride. At least once per ride. "That chick wants Wurty."

OK, Wurtmeister...how 'bout this...I owe you a beer if you try and keep the comments to a minimum when one or both ends of my bike is/are sliding? smile.gif

• 2 weeks later...

If my memory serves me correctly Fernando, I believe I owe you a beer (or other drink of your choice). I plan to attend and am still looking for a place to pitch my tent.

Don Kramber

Archived