IGNORED

RT Power Supply

MarkEngland

MarkEngland

Where is a good place to "pull power" for my Blue Sea fuse box that works with the bike key:

Off when the bike is Off

On when turned to ACC

On when the bike is On

On my LT, there was a BMW part that pluged into the back of a Aux Power plug (Powerlet) in a "Y" fashion that worked well. A little hard to install, but did not involve cutting into factory wiring.

Any suggestions would be great.

Thanks

Mark

John Bentall

There is an optional "Y" cable to add an extra power socket on the rear of the R1200RT, that might be similar to what you had on the LT.

I chopped the end off this cable and wired it direct to the battery so that I have a non-CANBUS outlet for my battery charger.

MarkEngland
There is an optional "Y" cable to add an extra power socket on the rear of the R1200RT, that might be similar to what you had on the LT.

I chopped the end off this cable and wired it direct to the battery so that I have a non-CANBUS outlet for my battery charger.

The bike came with an extra power outlet for the passenger on the back left - I bet that is what the dealer/factory used. I wonder if I can "Y" off it for a second time?

Mark,

I tapped off the auxilliary socket (left rear) and it works fine. The tap is sent to a relay I used to power a Centech fuse panel. The relay stays hot for approximately 60 seconds after the key is turned off (as do the aux plugs).

MarkEngland
Mark,

I tapped off the auxilliary socket (left rear) and it works fine. The tap is sent to a relay I used to power a Centech fuse panel. The relay stays hot for approximately 60 seconds after the key is turned off (as do the aux plugs).

Yep, thats what I ended up doing. Since I ride solo, that rear plug will never be used anyway. I like the fact it stays on after the key is turned off.

I would rather have used the BMW "Y" plug, but...... well we all know how it goes when the bike is already tore apart.

Thanks

Mark

Archived