IGNORED

Rhinewest Performance Software

Robt_J_Webster

Robt_J_Webster

Has anyone out there had any experience with the performance software (EPROM) from Rhinewest out of Amarillo? I have been looking at their website and thinking about purchasing a chip from them for my 2000 R1100RT. If anyone has any feedback or experience with this product, it would certainly be appreciated.

They make a great product. I just installed their chip in my GS along with a after market can and y-pipe. It woke the bike up and it is a blast to drive. I will put one in my 1150 RT at a later time. The chip for the GS was set up for a stock muffler or a less restricting muffler.

ShovelStrokeEd

Friend of mine has one of their chips in his KLT and couldn't be happier. Nice increase in power and driveability with no penalty in fuel consumption. Power increase verified in side by side and back to back comparisons against my own bike back when I had my LT. Used to pull me by about 1 bike to 100 mph before, after it was more like 3 bikes.

Robt_J_Webster

Appreciate the feedback. Did the chip address the lean-surge problem as well? Apparently some folks have installed products from Power Commander and Techlusion with good results in that area. It would be nice if the Rhinewest product took care of that problem as well.

Baba_ORiley
Has anyone out there had any experience with the performance software (EPROM) from Rhinewest out of Amarillo?

My only experience with Rhinewest is having them service my bike here in San Antonio.

Amarillo? Not.

Has anyone out there had any experience with the performance software (EPROM) from Rhinewest out of Amarillo? I have been looking at their website and thinking about purchasing a chip from them for my 2000 R1100RT. If anyone has any feedback or experience with this product, it would certainly be appreciated.

I am doing the Rhinewest chips this week as well as a Remus exhaust.

Robt_J_Webster

After talking ot the folks at Rhinewest, I went ahead and ordered the chip for my 2000 R1100RT. I hope to have it in a week or so, then I need to find a weekend when the weather's not so go to install. I'll post a message with my impressions of the benefits (or lack thereof) of the chip once it's done. Thanks to everyone for all of the feedback.

Did the chip address the lean-surge problem as well?

I asked them this question and received a firm "no". They suggested a Techlusion for that.

I installed the Rhinewest and a Remus last weekend. On a short ride, butt dyno says bike is seems to be perkier at 4k. Gonna do a longer ride tomorrow.

I went out for about 100 miles this morning. Definitely more there between 4k and 5.5k - it runs like my old S did. Remus sounds great - not loud, but great. Nice to have an RT that does not sound like a Prius anymore.

I bought mine with the 2Bros on it. OMG that thing was loud! Put the stocker back on right away. Would like more power though... Seems that Germans have kits for pistons, cams, power commanders etc that can get it up to 102 HP at rear wheel, but that costs real money!

I bought mine with the 2Bros on it. OMG that thing was loud! Put the stocker back on right away. Would like more power though... Seems that Germans have kits for pistons, cams, power commanders etc that can get it up to 102 HP at rear wheel, but that costs real money!

Rhinewest and a good exhaust system, while not cheap, are really the only way to get any horsepower gain for under $1000, as small as it might be. The next step is cams and a custom dyno-tuned matching chip, and a good port and polish job on the heads, which would be a big step up from the $800 and morning's worth of easy work involved in the Rhinewest/exhaust strategy. In addition, the stock RT exhaust is stout and heavy enough to work effectively on a school bus.

Archived