IGNORED

Looking for CB radio antenna mount

90RedRider

Does anyone have a source for a mount for a CB antenna on the RT. Thank you for any help. Sid

Have you considered just making one for your RT. It would be quite simple actually, for any model of RT. Just a thought. And the personal satisfaction is priceless.

Does anyone have a source for a mount for a CB antenna on the RT. Thank you for any help. Sid

Check with "Tool Man" on this board....

I recently installed a Firestik DS14FG model zero ground plain CB antenna on my R1200RT and it works great. I didn't use a bracket but instead drilled a small hole in the fairing on the right side just outside the windshield's range of travel. It is mounted in the exact location the factory FM antenna is located, so that wouldn't work for someone with an antenna already located there. But if you don't mind the location in front and to the right side, the Firstik works great. I bought mine at Clay's Radiio Shop (I believe the web address is http://www.claysradioshop.com/citizensband_firestick_ds14fg.htm for $45.00. It works great with te J&M CB.

Archived