IGNORED

Test Rides!

SlowlySouthern

SlowlySouthern

I am fairly new to the world of motorcyles, and will be going in for my first test rides this upcoming month. I was wondering if any of the more experienced riders out there might have any advice on what I can do to get the most out of my test rides. How do I know a bike fits me? I am going to test ride the F800ST and the R1200ST. Thanks for the help.

You'll know when one doesn't fit. tongue.gif

Anything unusual about your height/weight/inseam?

Find one that you like.

You'll ride it and take better care of it.

Both the ones you mention are thumbsup.gif.

Sometimes ;it's a question of which one you'd wlak across the street to look at if it weren't your'n.

Best wishes.

You're in good ha clap.gifnds with Old Fart.

SlowlySouthern

I'm six feet tall and approximately 210 pounds. I guess that puts me slightly into the larger category. As a newer rider (I've been riding for a year and half) I was thinking the F800 might be better because of its weight.

SlowlySouthern

How long is the average test ride? Is there an average test ride length? While on the ride, is there anything that I should absolutly try (twisty rodes, interstate, busy traffic)?

Silver Surfer/AKAButters

...is what Iron Horse will allow without hesitation. I got the feeling they would easily extend that if asked. Of course you could do several no questions asked as well. And yes, you should try all for of those riding scnarios.

Have fun!

When I was moving over to BMW and wasn't sure which model was right for me, I rode all bikes under consideration GS, RT, and LT in order of weight, from heaviest to lightest. I then came back a week later and rode them again, this time lightest to heaviest.

I thought I wanted a GS going in.

After the two sessions the LT was immediately eliminated, and I chose the RT, simply because it fit my riding style better.

This method worked well for me. Best of luck.

How long is the average test ride? Is there an average test ride length? While on the ride, is there anything that I should absolutly try (twisty rodes, interstate, busy traffic)?

If you do a test ride on Saturday, you likely will be asked to limit your test to an hour, especially with a new release model like the 800 (where there is lots of interest in demos). You might be able to talk the sales guy into a multi-hour ride M - F when others aren't queuing up. Test the bike over the conditions you plan to ride the most. Probably best to avoid high traffic density roads and stick to roads that you know.

Highly recommend you talk with Paul at some point in your shopping - I've bought 2 bikes from him.

Highly recommend you talk with Paul at some point in your shopping - I've bought 2 bikes from him.

I only bought 1 bike from him, but he's tops.

Archived