IGNORED

Faster than a speeding Boyter!

KMG_365

Well, I finally had the supreme pleasure of meeting "WBoyter" when he called me out of the blue two nights ago and asked if I happened to have time to come down and witness his paperwork for his 50CC attempt. Leslie was at rehearsal and I was just kickin' it solo, so I jumped in the cage and went down to his hotel and signed him off.

134286731-L.jpg

(He's the studly lookin' one on the left. tongue.gif )

He had planned to do one last year and got in a crash totalling his RT and called me from the hospital to cancel! This trip out he had contracted some sort of stomach bug in Utah on his way out and was not feeling well and was a day behind schedule. He was planning on sleeping in and see if he really felt like going all the way to JAX in <50 hours after being off his feed for a few days. He lives in Dallas, Texas and so the draw to just go home while passing through would be pretty tempting. I just now got home and missed a call from him, but his message said he had left San Diego 24 hours and 15 minutes ago and he was calling from the Louisiana Welcome Center almost exactly 1600 miles away! I know a few of you guys have some idea of how FREEEEEKIN' long it takes to get through the entire state of Texas on Interstate 10!! dopeslap.gif

I don't know if he stopped for a receipt before the 24 hour mark, but he had already bagged a BBG 1500 . . . and here's the Ride Tale! blush.gifthumbsup.gif

So if this is how he rides when he's NOT feeling well, I'd hate to think what he does when he's on top of his game! He started doing a National Parks Tour on Labor Day Weekend and has already bagged hundreds of parks in 40+ states! eek.gif

He also takes some beautiful pictures!

He doesn't have his cell hooked up on his bike, so I can't give the JAX Crew a head's up on when to expect him, but at this rate I imagine he'll be there pretty soon! smile.gif

"Go Boyter GO!!!!!!!!" wave.gif

AdventurePoser

I agree, at the top of his game, watch out! thumbsup.gif Great riding Boyter, and congratulations!

cheers,

Steve in So Cal

ps-that's some might purdy hair there, Jamie.. grin.gif

Well, it looks like the curse has continued! bncry.gif

He contacted me last year for a witness and ended up totalling his 2005 R1200RT not too far from where he is now. He's got those damned Z-6's on his bike and they're just NOT a touring tire! Just ask "Gregori" or "Traveler1" from a recent Torrey ride--two bikes in one weekend! eek.gif

There's an IBA witness nearby who has a truck to loan (though the bike is rideable for a short distance), but not sure there's a BMW dealership that has a tire on hand close enough to his location to be of help. We're also pretty short on DB members along that part of the Gulf Coast. Oh well. Lesson learned, I guess. frown.gif

Firefight911
Well, it looks like the curse has continued! bncry.gif

He contacted me last year for a witness and ended up totalling his 2005 R1200RT not too far from where he is now. He's got those damned Z-6's on his bike and they're just NOT a touring tire! Just ask "Gregori" or "Traveler1" from a recent Torrey ride--two bikes in one weekend! eek.gif

There's an IBA witness nearby who has a truck to loan (though the bike is rideable for a short distance), but not sure there's a BMW dealership that has a tire on hand close enough to his location to be of help. We're also pretty short on DB members along that part of the Gulf Coast. Oh well. Lesson learned, I guess. frown.gif

That just plain sucks! frown.giffrown.gif

Archived