IGNORED

synching the throttle bodies, tools?

cali_beemer

cali_beemer

My understadning is that the throttle bodies can be synched with using a manometer. I plan on giving this a try and figured that I should invest in a manometer to have on hand for this. Does anyone know whats a good unit to buy thats friendly with a 97 oilhead? A good place to buy online? Are there any other tools needed I should know about? My neighbor is pretty familiar with this procedure to give me hand. Any tips or advice?

There are lot of options available. The mentioned CarbTune, the TwinMax electronic unit, many people make there own water manometer, others too. Use the search feature of this web site for these terms and you will find several threads about each one.

cali_beemer

I have seen some people love or hate the twin-max. Is there really a benefit to either the twin-max or the morgan carbtune? Is one easier to use? give better results? accurate readable display? The carbtune disply looks small and hard to read but thats just going off the picture on there website.

Personal opinion, I don't find the TwinMax sensitive enough. I can see finer errors with a water manometer. Others will say the TwinMax is 'good enough.' It does offer the one advantage that you can go ride the bike with it attached and observe sync under load.

Charles Elms

Make your own water manometer for about $5. If you don't like it then go search for a commercial unit. I'm quite happy with the $5 solution. smirk.gif Do a search for the materials and instructions.

Make your own water manometer for about $5. If you don't like it then go search for a commercial unit. I'm quite happy with the $5 solution. smirk.gif Do a search for the materials and instructions.

Ditto.

I started with 3/16" ID tubing, but found that it was hard to get air bubbles out when they occurred. So I switched to 3/8" ID tubing with a short piece of the 3/16" on each end to fit on the throttle bodies and to act as restricters. Works great now.

cali_beemer

I know that I could make one but I think I will purchase one. Are there any other choices out there besides the twin max and the carbtune? Will the twin max be just as accurate as the carbtune?

Archived