IGNORED

Lower 1st gear on R1200RT

chaparral

Does anyone have any info on the lower 1st gear on the newly ordered Austin Texas cop bikes? Sure would be nice.

The R1200RTP's come with a lower rear end gear ration 2.75:1 compared to stock 2.62:1 but I have not heard of a different 1st gear ratio. The lower rear end ratio makes each of the 6 transmission gears about 5% lower.

I have several friends on Austin PD's Motors and they are waiting for the delivery of the first R12RTP sometime in April.

I would give up a little fuel mileage for a lower overall ratio myself.

I was toying with the idea of whether a GS rear end (2.82:1 ratio) would fit onto a RT. The possibility of locating an used GS rear end is higher than finding a used RTP rear end.

Buckster

I was toying with the idea of whether a GS rear end (2.82:1 ratio) would fit onto a RT. The possibility of locating an used GS rear end is higher than finding a used RTP rear end.

Buckster

It's been done. Do a search here within the last 6 months. I'm pretty sure it was this site.

Buckster

It's been done. Do a search here within the last 6 months. I'm pretty sure it was this site.

No, actually the opposite (RT rear end on GS) was posted here at http://bmwsporttouring.com/ubbthreads/showflat.php/Cat/0/Number/790169/page/0/fpart/all/vc/1

Archived