IGNORED

Tupperware removal R1200RT

MarkEngland

MarkEngland

My search did not turn up any threads for removing the tupperware from an 06 RT? I plan to stip mine this weekend to install all my farkles and was hoping to find something on the subject.

Thanks

Mark

lawnchairboy

there really is not much to it. Just go slow. you may want to number the screws as they come just to keep track. On the right side, remember you have to disconnect the temp probe from the clip on the inside, look up there, you'll see it. Do this before you try and pull the right side tupperware off. Also, make sure you carefully look at the radio compartment lid on the right side. There are two screws under the upper fairing tupperware that hold that puppy on there and the door to the radio compartment must be removed before pulling off the right side tupperware. On the left side, make sure you disconnect the power to your aux power port from the back of it prior to trying to pull off the left side tupperware. GO SLOW, keep track of all your parts and it is no big deal, I just throw a big blanket out on the garage floor for all the tupperware to lay on...

anybody can do it, and I am living proof.

MarkEngland

Thanks. the radio is my main target. I'm installing the BMW car audio cable. I assume the RT cannot be any more challenging than the LT was. smile.gif

MarkEngland
Here's my post on radio removal. It includes some instructions of how to get to the radio box.

Radio Removal for IPOD adapter

Outstanding. I will follow the script this weekend. Too bad about needing that tool. I hope my local dealer has one in stock.

Look up the Touratech site and find the installation instructions for the oil cooler protector.

You must remove pretty much all the tupperware to install this part. The instructions include pics so it should pretty much detail what you wish to accomplish. thumbsup.gif

Archived