IGNORED

Canbus and LED Lights

Petreer

Has anyone had any problems in changing over to the LED brake and turn signals such as those sold by Tourtech or A&S. They say they are compatible..ride a GS Adventure 1200,2006

Thanks

That is interesting, we have 2 1200 07 Adventures, I can't get the gizmill gill (?) strobing LED taillight to work in either, shows lampr failure, and if I get rid of lampr failure the thing won't light up. I bought 2 eurotech LED and on 1 bike it works fine and on the other I get a lampr failure until I start it, then it clears. More like plug and ulser, then plug and play. eek.gif Anybody with ideas?

Anybody with ideas?
Yeah, but you're not going to like it... Junk the Gizmill one and order the one from Nippy Normans in the UK. Works perfect!
Though they don't have replacement turn signals
I fyou're referring to Nippy Normans, sure they do. I have LEDs all around from him.

Yeah, but you're not going to like it... Junk the Gizmill one and order the one from Nippy Normans in the UK. Works perfect!

The dealor is being a prick about the Gizmill, (BMW dealor), says no returns on electric parts. We are now in negotiations.

That is interesting, we have 2 1200 07 Adventures, I can't get the gizmill gill (?) strobing LED taillight to work in either, shows lampr failure, and if I get rid of lampr failure the thing won't light up. I bought 2 eurotech LED and on 1 bike it works fine and on the other I get a lampr failure until I start it, then it clears. More like plug and ulser, then plug and play. eek.gif Anybody with ideas?
I have a further thought about this. LED's, and the microprocessors that control them, are sensitive to voltage polarity, unlike incandescent bulbs. The tail/brake lights on my R1200RT were wired with the ground and power connections reversed, so when I first installed my strobe brake lights, while they illuminated fine, they wouldn't pulse. I reversed the ground and power connections at the bulb socket and the problem was fixed.
I have a GizmoMill (homebody designs) brake! that works fine on my hexhead ST. What's the issue?

When you turn on the bike the light strobes like the brake is applied, stays bright, then when you apply the brake, it gets FAINTLY brighter, and Lampr is displayed on computer. Futz with it, it gets real dim, as in can bearly see, does nothing else and Lampr is gone. I'm ready to trash it if it wasn't $125 bucks.

Jim VonBaden
Anybody with ideas?

Yeah, the BRAKE light is not only a bit flawed, but the customer service is absolute crap!

I have called twice, and sent 4 e-mails with no response. He answered my e-mail originally and gave me an RMA number, I sent mine in thinking his promise of a 48 hour turnaround was valid, and have not heard from him in 6 weeks. Total silence.

I will NEVER recommend his stuff, ever!

Jim cool.gif

PS Similar threads on every BMW board I am on.

Yeah, the BRAKE light is not only a bit flawed, but the customer service is absolute crap!

I have called twice, and sent 4 e-mails with no response. He answered my e-mail originally and gave me an RMA number, I sent mine in thinking his promise of a 48 hour turnaround was valid, and have not heard from him in 6 weeks. Total silence.

I will NEVER recommend his stuff, ever!

Jim cool.gif

PS Similar threads on every BMW board I am on.

Hmm. I guess I need to stop recomending this to people. Didn't know there were problems out there. That sucks.

To anybody interested, I have a BRAKE! LED light that fits an R1200GS. Sold the GS and kept the light hoping it may fit the 1200RT. frown.gif No luck, so it's for sale. Paid $125, will take $75 and I'll ship it to you. PM me if interested. Thanks.

I know it sounds crazy but take a VERY careful look and see who made them. You say you have one that works OK? Find out who made it and then check on the ones that are not working. ALL work/assembly is NOT created equal. The Canbus is reading something thats not right. Call Dusty at the BMW shop in Tallahassee, Florida. Ask for Devin-he sells and installs these all the time and thus far has not had one problem. I have them all on my 1200 GS Adventure and NOT one problem so far. Mine is a 07 model. Take care. David Farcas ragman@wildblue.net

Archived