IGNORED

Howard's Birthday Tale

azkaisr

Well today was Howard's Birthday. Since I had already cleaned out the garage and counted all the staples in my stapler, I figured what the heck, lets spend the morning going up to the Mountains NE of Phoenix for Breakfast at the nice "easy" pace that the Rim Riders like to ride.

We gathered at the local Circle K and tried to include Howard since it was his Birthday. 133459790-L.jpg

The Birthday boy in all of his glory waiting for someone to say good morning. I did punch him several times for those that requested it, but if I missed anyone, let me know as I am riding with him again in the morning! clap.gifclap.gif

133460742-L.jpg

I wish I could tell you what Al is trying to explain here. I really do

With a head wind of about 20mph most of the way up to Payson for Breakfast we never really broke the 120mph mark. But it was a great spirited ride without much traffic and temps only dipping into the mid 40's even at altitude.

133460790-L.jpg

After eating we decided that rather then climb higher into the mountains we would head back to town for some starbucks and then meet for dinner. Here you can see everyone trying to be Howards friend

The ride down the hill was just as fun and we ended up in Fountain Hills for Coffee.

133454480-L.jpg

Everyone had a grand time and the weather was glorious!

133454451-L.jpg

Well maybe these two couldn't really fake the laughs as well as the rest of us....just kidding! I am sure Angie had a few minutes of fun... lmao.gif

133454208-L.jpg

At least by dinner, Shelley was able to muster a psuedo smile.

133454350-L.jpg

So nobody told me that we had to really get Howard a present for his birthday. I mean I thought we were all just going to get a free meal. I had to think fast! What do you get a guy like Philly? Snow tires for the RT were out. Al got him a bottle of booze so that idea was kaput. No time for a "I lead the slow riders" t-shirt so I needed to think fast!

As we were leaving to get coffee after dinner, I was in a near panic. What could I get the Hoon that would make him happy? Then as we left the joint it came to me!

What would any young 56 year old single man want for his birthday.....I mean I get good money to fix bigger issues then this right?

So.....

133454128-L.jpg

Happy Birthday Amigo!!!

Kaisr thumbsup.gif

Bill_Walker
Everyone had a grand time and the weather was glorious!

What, no snow? lmao.gif

Happy Birthday, Howard! And I really want to hear the story of that last picture.

sO ..... hOW lONG did YOU stay up that night, Howard..? Hmmmmm???????

dopeslap.gifdopeslap.gifeek.gifeek.giflurker.giflurker.giflurker.giflmao.giflmao.gif

Aaaah, the wonder of modern pharmaceuticals! blush.giflmao.gif

And NICE 'Tale, Tom!! grin.gif

I am not going to divulge how I got so many of my Lady Friends out to wish Howard a Happy Birthday...but I will tell you we took a great ride this morning up to Salt River Canyon.

133708953-L.jpg

The Hoons. Howard decided to have yet another lady friend join us for this ride

133709036-L.jpg

The Steeds at the top of Salt River Canyon.

The riding weather today was great. A little brisk and windy (one "Holy Moses" moment where 4 of us all hit a strong pocket in a canyon) but mostly great weather. More Leo's out today but still once you got about 40 miles from Phoenix, it lightens up and you have a lot of free roads. Howard and I got ahead of the rest who were still at a filling station. As we motored around 70-75 to allow the other 3 catch up (they did) there was no clouds in the sky and you could see for about 40 miles in each direction.

133709065-L.jpg

Great day to be on the Moto.

Kaisr thumbsup.gif

PhillyFlash

Well, the girls finally let me go home. This was a very tough birthday, but I handled it like the (old) man that I am. They finally let me go when I started a rumor that Wurty was on his way. They all had heard about him, but I won't repeat their comments. You all could just guess what they said. Thanks to Tom "The Pimp" AZKaisr, this was a night I'll remember for several more hours. I think. Uh, what were we talking about again? confused.gif

Actually, it was a great birthday weekend. Saturday we rode to the high country for breakfast, had a blazingly fast ride back down to the valley where we all stopped at Starbuck's for coffee, continued riding with Tom and my passenger (AZDucGirl) through some back roads, eventually ending up at Scottsdale BMW to do some daydreaming, and then on to dinner with about a dozen of the Rim Riders. Sunday I had another passenger (Christy from a ride tale of a few years ago). The group went up to Globe and on to the Salt River Canyon, did a little sightseeing, then back down to the valley. Both days involved full days of great riding and spending quality time with good friends. What more could I ask for.

What more could I ask for.

Well for starters,

133454128-L.jpg

off hand I can think of ten grin.gif

Happy belated Howard.

PhillyFlash
What more could I ask for.

Well for starters,

133454128-L.jpg

off hand I can think of ten grin.gif

Happy belated Howard.

Like I said, good "friends." I didn't say which friends. Next.

Archived