IGNORED

Rode today for the first time since...

NoLongeraK1200RSRider

NoLongeraK1200RSRider

finding a misplaced radiator hose clamp that allowed the coolant to leak out of my K1200RS a couple of months ago. blush.gif Rode from Vallejo Ca. to Vacaville and hooked up with my son for a short jaunt to celebrate! clap.gif We proceeded to go the long way around to Sacramento by travelling the river roads out of Rio Vista and had a great time. thumbsup.gif The roads there are very close to the water.. and have some nice curves. After arriving in Sacramento, my son proceeded to show me a place where we got to drive some pretty fast "go-cart" style cars at an indoor track. Great fun was had by all as he had called some friends of his to meet us there and we nearly had the track to ourselves. The ride home was less fun as we slabbed it back in heavy traffic. All in all.. a nice day in the sun and on the bike once more. lurker.gif

It was a beautiful day today, wasn't it? I took a short ride over to Marin Headlands, .... and joined the crowds there. frown.gif It was very clear and no wind, unusual for that spot.

Firefight911

You went to RPM without me!?!?!?!?!?!?

Yep, checked the phone again. Man, Jamie and I were in the area all day today trying on new motorcycles for here. thumbsup.gif

Next time! wave.gif

NoLongeraK1200RSRider

Phil... sorry about that. blush.gif I figured it for such a nice day that Jamie had you out looking for bikes for her. dopeslap.gif

NoLongeraK1200RSRider

Peter.. a nicer "first ride day" would be hard to come by that was better than the one we had today! clap.gif I sometimes wish I was a better (read..FASTER, more skillful) rider than I am, confused.gif as I think riding those roads would be a ton of fun! lurker.gif I just hate being the guy that holds up the train for those who are so much better than I am at the "twisties". wave.gif

.....I just hate being the guy that holds up the train for those who are so much better than I am at the "twisties". wave.gif

That shouldn't be a problem, Larry! If someone wants to go faster than me, I just let them get by.wave.gif If riding with a group, we just go our own pace - "ride your own ride" as Cary says - then just meet-up regularly to regroup.

We proceeded to go the long way around to Sacramento by travelling the river roads out of Rio Vista and had a great time.

That's always a favorite route. I like to stick to the western side, which usually means ending up having to get over to the other side via the Ryer Island ferry... grin.gif

NoLongeraK1200RSRider

It is indeed a great ride! clap.gif We crossed the bridge at Rio Vista and then recrossed the river where the road first crosses over.. then stayed there the whole way. thumbsup.gif Stopped at a really old draw bridge and had some burritos at a "roach coach" lmao.gif (great food though). While there another BMW rider stopped and said he had eaten there several times before and always found the food good. smile.gif All in all a nice way to spend a day riding and, with my son, made it just that much more fun.. even though he can ride rings around me. grin.gif

Archived