IGNORED

R1100S : Now he needs a rear shock :)

fourteenfour

fourteenfour

Suggestions? Type and where to buy?

Wilbur's, Ohlins, or back to stock (yellow spring - assuming sportier)

Dealer wants 1k for rear Ohlins, 650+ for the BMW, and I think that those are a bit pricey.

Which shock do you prefer? He is only going to change out the rear at this time. One or two man job? Wheel on or off?

Rich06FJR1300

sounds like average pricing for a rear shock. I'm betting you have to take the rear tire off as well to get to it (i did on my RT anyway...just gives you more room to work back there. Stock shocks suck...go with Ohlins or wilburs as they're rebuildable. BMW shocks are throwaways...actually, scratch that...Bruno up in canada can rebuild them. Still, the stock shock are the worst out of the bunch. Also have to consider what adjustments you want (preload and damping as well as high/low speed damping)

duckbubbles

WilbersUSA.com is the US importer for the shocks. They will take your information and get the shock set up for you and your weight and riding style.

Frank

Rich06FJR1300

yes, Klaus is their rep and he resides here in south jersey. Helps many members in our club. He'll want to know your weight and what you weigh with full gear on....if you ride 2 up or just single...etc etc etc.

Archived