IGNORED

Tank Bag with electrical connection

Dandridge

Hey guys who makes the tank bag with the built in electrical connectors? If you have, one any comments good or bad would be nice to hear before I drop the cah on one. Dan High Point NC

I am researching the same thing. Marsee has etankbags and kits which can be added to any bag. The Powerlet website has exactly the same kits/parts for substantially less. My question is, while the power is distributed from within the tank bag, how do the outputs get out? Through the zipper?

russell_bynum

how do the outputs get out?

Depends on what you're outputting. What did you have in mind?

FWIW, on my RKA bags, I run the remote for the iPod, the cable for the PTT, and the headset lead for the AutoCom out the zipper.

You can get fancier if you want, burn a hole in the bag, and use a rubber grommet and some silicon pookey to seal everything. Or you could use panel-mount connectors and make a setup simiar to Powerlet's tankbag electrification kit.

It all depends on your needs and how anal-retentive you are about things.

Hey guys who makes the tank bag with the built in electrical connectors? If you have, one any comments good or bad would be nice to hear before I drop the cah on one. Dan High Point NC

I've got a Marsee Teardrop that's wired. It's pretty nice.

I am using a wireless remote mounted to the handle bar for the Ipod and presently run out of the Ipod to Ear inc. ear plugs. My intention is to add radar detector and autocom. Do you keep the autocom in the tankbag? If so does the detector output need to enter the bag through the zipper? The zipper exit approach could work out well since all the external gear can be stuffed in the tankbag on dismount.

russell_bynum

All of my electronics except the V1 are in the tankbag. (So "yes", my AutoCom is in the tankbag.)

Right now, everything comes in/out the zipper, but I've got a Powerlet tankbag kit that I just haven't installed yet. That'll get power in there nice and neat.

Everything else will continue to go out the zipper, probably.

here's how Phil and Richard solved that problem on Phil's Phabulously Pharkled R1200ST.

Buy the tank bag you want based on the bag itself and then order the electrical stuff from PowerLetProducts . It will look and perform like a factory wired bag. It is very, very simple to do. You don't need to wire anything, just plug stuff together.

I made my own up (tank bag) using the Marsee plug off my old tank bag. To run wire out of the tank bag I put in 1/2" and 3/4" inside diamenter brass gromments in the tank bag placed close to where the device is located then I went to home depot in the hardware section and picked up some rubber plugs to match the holes in the grommets. The rubber plugs were then drilled with a small hole to the wire size of the device and one side of the plug was sliced to the interior hole so the wire could be placed in the plug and adjusted as needed.With this set up all wires are routed cleanly to where they need to be used and in hard rain the inside of bag stays dry.

Archived