IGNORED

BMW Self Servicing..

Redbrick

I'm sure this is likely to start another oil or tire thread and been brought up before but here goes dopeslap.gif....

Kathy and I are going to start some of the regular servicing chores ourselves; oil and filter, trans and final drive changes, etc., and the question is: Does this do anything to void the warranties?..Her's has a 3 year extended policy which is now in effect.....Her 1150 has 22M and my 1200 9+M.....

Let 'er rip........

Phil.........Redbrick

Firefight911

Does not affect the warranty at all!

Just keep your receipts and start a log book with all the particulars of what service you have done.

Go to your dealer and get a copy of the different service schedules for your respective motorcycles and use those to log your serevice.

Your warranty is fine!

Now, as for tires . . . IMHO, the round ones, usually black in color tend to work best.

Oil, overrated!!! It is an AIR cooled engine afterall!

lurker.giflurker.giflurker.giflurker.giflurker.giflurker.gif

Go to your dealer and get a copy of the different service schedules for your respective motorcycles and use those to log your service.

Isn't the schedule in the owner's manual and the repair manual?

Go to your dealer and get a copy of the different service schedules for your respective motorcycles and use those to log your service.

Isn't the schedule in the owner's manual and the repair manual?

There's a form, the official checklist of what should be done in a 6k service or whatever, that's used at the dealer. It can be downloaded from several of the dealers websites. Maybe that's what he meant?

edit: like this for example.

Her's has a 3 year extended policy which is now in effect.....
You would have to read the policy to know if it requires dealer maintenance but I doubt it. Extended warranties are not covered by the Massey Fergusson act that allows you to service your own new bike.

Phil, it's called an Oil Head for a reason - no cooling fins!

Firefight911

So, does that mean my Hexhead cools with hexes!! Ooooo, how evil!!!! BBBUUUUUUUUHHHHHWWWAAAAAAHHHHHAAAAAAAAA!!

..Her's has a 3 year extended policy which is now in effect.....Her 1150 has 22M and my 1200 9+M.....

Let 'er rip........

Phil.........Redbrick

Hmmmm. Tell me more about this. When I checked with my dealer he said BMW did not have an extended warranty program to offer. R

Extended warranties are not covered by the Massey Fergusson act that allows you to service your own new bike.

lmao.gif

Massey-Ferguson is a brand of tractor.

Perhaps you meant to refer to the Magnusson-Moss Warranty Act?

I believe the Massey Ferguson Act mandates that we "reap what we sow...." grin.gif

..Her's has a 3 year extended policy which is now in effect.....Her 1150 has 22M and my 1200 9+M.....

Let 'er rip........

Phil.........Redbrick

Hmmmm. Tell me more about this. When I checked with my dealer he said BMW did not have an extended warranty program to offer. R

It's not through BMW it's with Pinnacle Protection Plans and, as I understand it, offered at dealers when the bike is first purchased..So the dealer is an insurance broker in this case!!

There is at least one other company offering plans but I can't remember the name......

Phil........Redbrick

Extended warranties are not covered by the Massey Fergusson act that allows you to service your own new bike.

lmao.gif

Massey-Ferguson is a brand of tractor.

I knew exactly what I typed grin.gif

?HuH? confused.gif.......Right over my head Bob...

Phil.........Redbrick

Massey-Ferguson is a brand of tractor

As the owner of one I can tell you mine is called an M F for good reason.

I know, I know, it was humour!
Joe Frickin' Friday
Massey-Ferguson is a brand of tractor

As the owner of one I can tell you mine is called an M F for good reason.

I know, I know, it was humour!

And I bet you're regretting it just about now. crazy.gif

(I have a Maynard-Ferguson tractor, myself.)

Archived