IGNORED

continental tires

buckeye nuts

Thinking about trying a set , wondering what the concensus is . Thinking about a set of conti force , last 2 sets were 020 battleaxe , for me they worked fine , I noticed that some new RTs have them on ?

Thinking about trying a set , wondering what the concensus is . Thinking about a set of conti force , last 2 sets were 020 battleaxe , for me they worked fine , I noticed that some new RTs have them on ?

I have not tried the Conti Force but I LOVE the Conti Road Attacks. These wear a bit quicker than the BT020 I had on before but in the UK that is more than offset by the lower price. In fact, even if they cost a lot more than the BT020 I would stick with the Road Attack, they suit the RT perfectly. Grip is outstanding - I have touched down hard parts in the wet. Feel is great with good controlled turn-in.

If you do go the Road Attack route, you need the 'C' construction front.

Andy thumbsup.gif

I had a pair of Contiforce on my R1100RT and had them replaced by Continental when they developed many several bulges .. a dodgy batch they said .. anyway I have Metzelers Me Z4 on now and well pleased with them.

Not a good experience.

A Contiforce front tyre suffered tread separation at about 4000 miles.

Continental were aware of the problem. A bad batch I was told.

They replaced the tyre free of charge and the replacement did exactly the same at about 3000 miles.

i had several sets of "forces" on my bmws. seemed to do everything well, wore a little faster than others, but about 20% less expensive.

i understand the attacks are an improvement, but have not tried yet.

tom collins

I really dont pay much atention to tire mileage or gas mileage , just do so as needed. The last 2 sets of bt020s cupped alot regardless of air pressure. I ride with 2 up alot so that probably has lots to do with wear and cupping .I am not looking for high mileage, just wanting to try something alittle different. Back in the 80s contis were the tires of choice for me , then they seemed to drop off the radar, now bmw is putting them on? But bmw puts on a variety of types ?

...I have touched down hard parts in the wet....

Andy thumbsup.gif

That's gotta hurt! blush.giflmao.gif

Just changed my front Battlax BT020 with a ContiForce CC120.

For the moment, I would say equivalent to the BT020 in terms of behaviour.

May be it wears faster (time will tell), but as mentioned already, the price (guess they try to conquer market shares) was only 66% of a BT020. So I thought I give it a try after reading an article in some motorcyle magazine.

Juan_in_a_million
I had a pair of Contiforce on my R1100RT and had them replaced by Continental when they developed many several bulges .. a dodgy batch they said .. anyway I have Metzelers Me Z4 on now and well pleased with them.

Hi,

It's been a while since my last post but, the last year or so, I've been too busy which is kind of good (pays the mortgage).

I would like to add that I had a similar problem. I've been using Metzelers almost exclusively but, two years ago, I bought two sets of Contiforce tires (I like to keep one set in my Garage) and both sets developed this bubbles in the front tire (almost like chewing gum)One of the times I was about 70 miles from my house and I had to lower the pressure on the front to 5psi which made the bike almost undriveable. I crawled home, sent a letter to Continental and never got a response. I'm using Metzelers again.

Ref the "bulges" - we had exactly the same problem, admittedly some 15 - 16 years ago - with a batch of Michelin Macadams. I would venture that anything manufactured can go wrong at some point.

I liked the Conti Force, then fell in love with the Azaros' but I have to agree with Andy that my current favourite is the Road attack

Archived