IGNORED

Is there any way to check condition of the clutch???

kopov260

I was wondering if there is any way to check condition of the clutch. confused.gif For example half worn, not worn at all or almost gone. I know it all depends on the rider. My bike has more than 22K now and I am trying not to ride/slip the clutch but just wanted to check anyway. thumbsup.gif

Thanks. thumbsup.gif

Other than disassembling the housing and taking a look, I don't think there is any way to check it before actual slippage occurs at the end of its life. However, provided you are not overly aggressive with your clutching technique, I would be surprised if yours is even close to half worn.

Jay

I've heard that and it looks that it's full and I can't see the upper level. confused.gif

I recall that some of the early 12GS (not sure about 12RT) had clutch problems associated with leaking seals. You probably are still in waranty period, so good idea to have it checked out. You might get a fresh clutch if you have the seal issue.

I was wondering if there is any way to check condition of the clutch. confused.gif For example half worn, not worn at all or almost gone. I know it all depends on the rider. My bike has more than 22K now and I am trying not to ride/slip the clutch but just wanted to check anyway. thumbsup.gif

Thanks. thumbsup.gif

You'll soon know when your clutch is on the way out, trust me. Slipping clutches are pretty easy to spot. And it'll most likely start happening all of a sudden, rather than over a period of time. At least that's been my experience with dry clutches.

Dave.

Archived