IGNORED

Aerostich Roadcrafter 1 pc. vs. 2 pc. help

mos

I am sure this has been covered before but I will ask for help in purchasing a roadcrafter 1 pc or 2 pc. I looked at the Darien and I did not care for the cut of the jacket and pants. I just got the Roadcrafter 1 pc. and like the trimmer cut. Should I be looking at the 2 pc.? Looking for input on the pros and cons of 1 pc vs 2 pc roadcrafters .

Thanks , Mike

Its hard to go wrong with either one. I have the two piece roadcrafter and really like it. I don't think that the two piece looks quite as nice as the one piece but neither one of them are really stylish. I bought the two piece because I thought there might be times when I would just wear the jacket with jeans especially if I was going to a restaurant or something like that. Although I have done that it is rare that I actually do that. About 99% of the time I wear it zipped together as a one piece. I have heard that the one piece can leak around the crotch in heavy rain. My two piece has not done that. It does occasionally get damp around the zipper but this is usually due to my not being careful when I zip it up. If I had to do it again I might get the once piece. However once in a while it is nice to be able to separate the pieces and just wear the jacket.

Hi. I've had a 2-piece going on nine years, now, and I love it. I do ride around town with only the jacket and jeans. I also have the bib pants converter and, when I'm on the road, it is nice to be able to remove the jacket and keeping the pants on when stopping for a rest. Good luck!

I've won the Aerostitch twice at rallies. #1 I got the 2 piece Roadcrafter. A bit snug and the Jacket seemed short so I got the expander zipper and I love it.

#2 I got the Darien set. The jacket is a bit large but has room for my Gerbing jacket under it. Fabulous jacket I don't even need the gerbing on unless it gets really cold. The fleece liner for the Darien is great. The Darien pants are unlined and the cold is more noticeable on the legs than with the Roadcrafter set. But with a heated garment comfort is not a problem.

I've won the Aerostitch twice at rallies. #1 I got the 2 piece Roadcrafter. A bit snug and the Jacket seemed short so I got the expander zipper and I love it.

#2 I got the Darien set. The jacket is a bit large but has room for my Gerbing jacket under it. Fabulous jacket I don't even need the gerbing on unless it gets really cold. The fleece liner for the Darien is great. The Darien pants are unlined and the cold is more noticeable on the legs than with the Roadcrafter set. But with a heated garment comfort is not a problem.

Mind if I register for the national rally right after you next time????? smirk.gif

Here's another reason for the two piece Roadcrafter. If needed you can mix pant and jacket sizes. I used to have a 46R one piece suit. It was good in the summer but hard to add layers underneath for colder weather. I considered having the suit altered by added the side gussets but decided it might be harder to sell later with the alteration. I ran across a deal on a lightly used two piece suit. Size 46 pants and 48 jacket. This was exactly what I needed. With the two piece suit you can also add a zip in elipse between the pants and jacket that gives more room in the torso for layering.

If I were buying a new suit I'd go with the two piece. I've never worn the jacket alone. It's always zipped to the pants.

Archived