IGNORED

Fuel pump issues etc.

bullet

Let's hope that this is a non-issue:

I have removed the exhaust pipes from my '02 1150RT for the purpose of ceramic coating and have removed the oxygen sensor which at this point is just hanging there. While doing some other routine cleaning I turned the key and did not hear the fuel pump doing its self-check. Does anyone know if it is the Motronic that is sensing the disconnect of the oxygen sensor and therefore not allowing the fuel pump to operate? I am quite certain that all connections to the fuel tank are in good order and the fuses also appear to be good (oddly enough, the 2 spares have blown - go figure). I would very much appreciate any input from anyone who is familiar with the electronics of the RT and thank them in advance for their response.

E30Tech: Thanks for the reply. It seems the side stand is just a tad smarter than I am. That's what happens when the bike is in the garage for 3 months. The machine is looking smart. I, obviously, am not.

On my '01 GS the O2 sensor has been unplugged for about 10000 miles. The fuel pump works just fine, LOL. I have a Remus full system with no cat. Check the large plug for the tank wiring. Do you have the RID level display?

Cheers

Steve

E30Tech: Thanks for the reply. It seems the side stand is just a tad smarter than I am. That's what happens when the bike is in the garage for 3 months. The machine is looking smart. I, obviously, am not.

Glad to hear it was an easy 'fix' thumbsup.gif

David_Charlton

Hi Bullet,I had my pipes ceramic coated also but nobody told me that once the temp' exceeds 700 degrees or so, the aluminium melts and turns a dark grey, so when you try to get everything equal, holding it a 4000rpm, make sure you have lots of fans cooling the pipes, David

So it's just a discoloration, not a complete "meltdown"

(breakdown?) of the coating? And this discoloration appeared where - only in the area of the exhaust ports or the entire header? Curious if I wasted my money or not.

How is the catalytic converter/muffler? -Bullet.

David_Charlton

It was a melt down, the shine was replaced by a grey colour, which virtually matched the colour of my RT,titanium grey. The discolouration crept to where the first bend in the pipes from the cylinder heads are,the rest of the area was fine, David

David_Charlton

Nice job, I had mine finished in a polished style aluminium not satin but as already stated, when time comes for a tune up,just make sure they don't get too hot !

Archived