IGNORED

Headlight Modulatores in UK?

RoSPA_man

Anyone got any thoughts on modulators

- are they legal in UK

- has anyone been stopped with them?

- might they be considered agressive?

- what brand is best etc?

- What are the must have features- can they be fitted to an RT easily ?

Please explain the conundrum that your bio syas thay you will have an R1200RT as at 1st March.

Have you actually got the bike already or what?

Please explain the conundrum that your bio syas thay you will have an R1200RT as at 1st March.

Have you actually got the bike already or what?

Wheres' the conundrum? [something puzzling, confusing, or mysterious]. It's the 23rd February..so no smirk.gif

From previous posts I think headlight modulators are illegal in the U.K. or any part of Europe. Besides I don't know what the modulators would do to the can-bus electric system of the bike.

My thoughts on the headlight modulators are that the cheeseburger eating / makeup applying / cell phone talking / kid smacking / newspaper reading / crowd will take the flashing light as a signal to cut across your path on their left turn. Or in your case their right turn.

Pat

Ah the conundrum!

You have have made so many posts about improving lights, visibility (modulators), and the horns that I thought you must be dissatisified with what's there already!

I'd like H.I.D lights but I hardly ride in the dark at all. I have bought mainly BMW accessories i.e tankbag because there were no aftermarket solutions at the time.

If you have a Garmin GPS or Tom Tom Rider, I can thoroughly recommend the Motorrad Concepts mount. Autocom communications as well.

- are they legal in UK

Ah, if you were IAM_man you would know a few more black rats grin.gif

Headlight modulators are illegal in the UK. Only the emergency services may have continuously flashing headlights. The police take this very seriously and will stop you - impersonating a police officer may appear on the charge sheet. Not worth the hassle. Look to your RoSPA training and use road positioning and situational awareness to keep you out of trouble.

Andy

Headlight modulators are illegal in the UK. Only the emergency services may have continuously flashing headlights. The police take this very seriously and will stop you - impersonating a police officer may appear on the charge sheet. Not worth the hassle. Look to your RoSPA training and use road positioning and situational awareness to keep you out of trouble.

Andy

And perhaps add Motolights?

http://www.motolight.com/

Phil..........Redbrick

Ah the conundrum!

You have have made so many posts about improving lights, visibility (modulators), and the horns that I thought you must be dissatisified with what's there already!

I'd like H.I.D lights but I hardly ride in the dark at all. I have bought mainly BMW accessories i.e tankbag because there were no aftermarket solutions at the time.

If you have a Garmin GPS or Tom Tom Rider, I can thoroughly recommend the Motorrad Concepts mount. Autocom communications as well.

No I'm just doing prep for the arrival. This is a great time to bone up on the foibles and the ins and outs- I have the Stebel ready to mount cos the std horn is feeble. Ive had 1100s and 1150s before so I'm pretty familiar with the brand etc. This forum is a great source of info. No sat nav for me - I have a Tmobile Compact 3 phone with built-in Sat nav in case I get lost- often getting lost is the best way of finding those great roads! Sits in my pocket until needed!

- are they legal in UK

Andy

All true and agreed - that's a few quid saved that Nippy Norman can have!

Archived