IGNORED

Migsel 1200RT Bracket....

Crazy_Canuck

I was thinking about purchasing the Migsel 1200RT bracket.

Does anyone own one?

Does anyone have any expierence with it?

Is it worth buying?

Thanks

Rob

Rob,

I recently picked one up and I really like it's clean compact design. Unfortunately I haven't had a chance to try it out on the road due to our weather of late. Here's a couple of things. Unless they've decided to stock them, the North American distributor (Adventure's Workshop) will have to wait around six weeks to get it to you. That's my experience twice (don't ask) but you may want to check with them to see if Migsel has gotten better with shipping. Installation is a snap and the gps location (I have a Quest) is really good. I have all three lengths of RAM arms so I'm looking forward to playing with that. The mount has 2 additional holes where RAM balls can be installed. They also provide blank rubber fillers to close off any unused holes. The only comment I can't provide is regarding stability. This will be dependent on the gps (or other) unit you have as well as the arm length chosen but it remains to be seen for me. It is the least obtrusive mount I've seen and that was a prime consideration for me.

Rob,

I recently picked one up and I really like it's clean compact design. Unfortunately I haven't had a chance to try it out on the road due to our weather of late. Here's a couple of things. Unless they've decided to stock them, the North American distributor (Adventure's Workshop) will have to wait around six weeks to get it to you. That's my experience twice (don't ask) but you may want to check with them to see if Migsel has gotten better with shipping. Installation is a snap and the gps location (I have a Quest) is really good. I have all three lengths of RAM arms so I'm looking forward to playing with that. The mount has 2 additional holes where RAM balls can be installed. They also provide blank rubber fillers to close off any unused holes. The only comment I can't provide is regarding stability. This will be dependent on the gps (or other) unit you have as well as the arm length chosen but it remains to be seen for me. It is the least obtrusive mount I've seen and that was a prime consideration for me.

Thanks for the info Albert! thumbsup.gif

I called and he does not have any in stock frown.gif

Go for the Motorrad Concepts one then!

I have one and they're great.

Where is that at?

Ok I found it, the only problem is that the brackets are for specific GPS units. I already have a Lowrance IWAY 500c that came with a RAM mounting system which will work the Migsel. I guess I will have to wait patiently. bncry.gif

Hi guys,

I have plenty of these R1200RT mounts in stock.

rt1200ps15.jpg

The problem is not that I can't supply them...

The problem is that the US distributor orders late (usually only after you have ordered) and in small quantities.

Sorry about that.

You can order directly from my site www.migsel.com any time.

The prices include worldwide shipping and you can pay by PayPal or Visa/Mastercard.

Maybe it's time to look for more distributors in the US ooo.gif

Cheers,

Michel

Michael,

Sorry if my description was off the mark, I can only go by my buying experience and don't know the behind the scenes issues. I will reiterate, I really like the Migsel mount. It's everything I was looking for in simplicity and fit. Very nicely made and looks great. thumbsup.gif

Crazy-Canuck : The following is my reply to a similar post last January. As Migsel noted earlier, I purchased directly from Migsel, not through a distributor.

Quote: I ordered the R1200RT Migsel mount some months ago and received it in eleven days (from one of those old countries – Belgium I believe). It installed easily on top of the dash using two longer screws (provided) in place of the stock ones. No modifications at all. The mount is very well machined, and has three tapped holes on the driver’s side which you can use to clamp anything. The mount by itself looks OEM both in appearance and quality and is not an obvious add-on.

I used the center tap for a studded RAM ball (provided), RAM extension and RAM diamond plate to mount a Quest 2w/Garmin cradle. This worked for me. You would need to devise your own configuration of RAM (or other) apparatus to connect your GPS cradle and decide how to wire it. When I was gathering the pieces I bought three RAM extensions (short, medium, long) and the medium suits me with only slightly more jiggling of the GPS than the short (which Migsel recommends).

I intend to use another mount for an RD sometime in the future. The GPS can be easily popped out for short stops and, for longer stops, the RAM apparatus/cradle can be removed with a simple twist of a wing nut and disconnecting the electrical connection. Unquote.

Regards.

Steve

• 2 weeks later...
Crazy_Canuck

Just recieved mine and I like it this far. I have not tested my GPS while riding yet.

Why is it that I can recieve this unit 7 days from purchase (from England) and I have been waiting on Adentureworkshop to recieve for weeks???? eek.gif

Any chance someone can provide pic's or description of how to route power to the GPS (ie, Holes on top of dash? Holes above speedo? Other?) The Migsel web site does such a nice job cleaning up the pic's that there is no sign of how to bring power to the GPS... or perhaps they've got the new solar GPS units pictured? dopeslap.gif

6 days.... I can't get the US distributor that sold me mine to send the missing RAM ball (or answer emails) in that amount of time. frown.gif

Hey guys,

Since you all don't seem very happy with the US distribution, where would you suggest I try to find another one?

I'll be more than happy to have my products sold by a few US dealers.

Cheers,

Michel

Crazy_Canuck
Hey guys,

Since you all don't seem very happy with the US distribution, where would you suggest I try to find another one?

I'll be more than happy to have my products sold by a few US dealers.

Cheers,

Michel

What about some of the BMW dealerships like Sierra BMW?

Michel,

Here's a couple of places you may want to explore. Rider Warehouse (first link), the maker of Aerostitch riding gear is one of the most respected suppliers of all kinds of gear over here. The other links are to some additional suppliers. The last 2 links are for several US BMW dealers who are well known for being aftermarket parts suppliers. There's probably some others that you hear about to. Your product is too good to have ignored by a distributor. Good luck.

http://www.aerostich.com/catalog/US/index.html

http://www.cyclegadgets.com/

http://www.cycoactive.com/default.htm

http://www.whitehorsepress.com/

http://www.bobsbmw.com/

http://www.maxbmwmotorcycles.com/index.html

Michel, I forwarded an email to my local dealership explaining the situation. Thought it might be nice to have a distributor in Canada.

Hi all,

Thanks for your orders, response is great.

So great that I am out of stock at the moment!

A new batch of mounts will be ready in max. two weeks.

Sorry about that blush.gif

Best regards,

Michel

GoGo Gadget
Hi all,

Thanks for your orders, response is great.

So great that I am out of stock at the moment!

A new batch of mounts will be ready in max. two weeks.

Sorry about that blush.gif

Best regards,

Michel

I assume I got the last one on the shelf??

Score!!!!!

clap.gifclap.gifclap.gif

GoGo Gadget

Got it today. It looks great so far. I'll mount it as soon as I have some time next week. How sad is that, I got this from Belgium faster than I get stuff from the west Coast. LOL

Got it today. It looks great so far. I'll mount it as soon as I have some time next week. How sad is that, I got this from Belgium faster than I get stuff from the west Coast. LOL

Happened to me as well. Shipping from Belgium is awesome.

Good work Michel !!

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Ordered mine from cyclegadgets, expecting a backordered notice like all the other places. Nope. It was the RAM Ball that was on backorder. LOL

However, it was less than a week before they shipped. They are a good company.

Edit: Is anyone else using any of the other ball locations to mount anything?

Brenda in Texas

2007 R1200RT

markgoodrich
Ordered mine from cyclegadgets, expecting a backordered notice like all the other places. Nope. It was the RAM Ball that was on backorder. LOL

However, it was less than a week before they shipped. They are a good company.

Edit: Is anyone else using any of the other ball locations to mount anything?

Brenda in Texas

2007 R1200RT

I've got the gps mounted in the center, with a longish arm off to the left, and a radar detector in the right hole. I've got about 4000 miles on the setup now, on all kinds of (paved) roads, and am very happy with the Migsel and the RAM stuff.

I got my RAM items from Mounting Innovations in Austin, the owner runs the business out of his house, I made an appointment, he helped me choose the best arrangement, very nice guy, Barry Jucha ("Yooka").

You can see a photo of the setup in this thread:

http://bmwsporttouring.com/ubbthreads/sh...&PHPSESSID=

I've got the Migsel mount. I have 3 ram balls. 1- Zumo 2-XM antenna 3-Radar Detector. I'll post pics later if i get a minute or so.

wbrissette

I bought the Migsel for the 1150RT from Cycle Gagets, what a wonderful thing! Of all the shelving units I've seen, this is by far the cleanest option available. Looks great and doesn't look like an add-on.

Wayne

Crazy_Canuck
I bought the Migsel for the 1150RT from Cycle Gagets, what a wonderful thing! Of all the shelving units I've seen, this is by far the cleanest option available. Looks great and doesn't look like an add-on.

Wayne

+1

Archived