IGNORED

Wunderlich engine bar install question

ScottM

The instructions call for the center support to be installed from the right with the bushing welded to the flat bar ending up on the left. If you are sitting on the bike in driving position, is the bushing on your left or right. I'm thinking left. Also, is there a comprehensive wiring diagram available for an 06 RT.

Thanks.

Scott

Thanks. Made the mistake of having the dealer install the bars before I picked up the bike. Now I know why they are uneven. Same dealer that delivered the bike with a loose pinch bolt on the front wheel.

Scott

Thanks. Made the mistake of having the dealer install the bars before I picked up the bike. Now I know why they are uneven. Same dealer that delivered the bike with a loose pinch bolt on the front wheel.

Scott

Some people on this board have complained that Wunderlich bars are difficult to install -- could this (left vs right orientation) be the reason?!? Or is it a QC problem with the manufacturer?

I would not agree that the bars are difficult to install. I had to scrape some paint from one joint to allow insertion of one of the tubes, but that was my only problem. Even with the instructions in German, I had no problem.

confused.gif

Rocket_Cowboy
Some people on this board have complained that Wunderlich bars are difficult to install -- could this (left vs right orientation) be the reason?!? Or is it a QC problem with the manufacturer?

My biggest hassle with the install was the lower engine bar, the C pipe that connects the sides to the lower engine. That bar only mounts one way (the other way would obstruct oil changes). It took me a bit to get the three bolts lined up, but once I did it was pretty straight forward.

The left side of my bars actually rest on the valve cover and barely extend laterally past the cover. Right side has several inches between bar and valve cover. I would think they should be even.

Scott

The left side of my bars actually rest on the valve cover and barely extend laterally past the cover. Right side has several inches between bar and valve cover. I would think they should be even.

Scott

Is that because the left cylinder sits farther forward than the right cylinder? I don't recall that problem with the HB bars installed on my GS, so I surmise that HB designed the bars to accomodate this orientation. I anticipate placing bars on my RT this spring and value the input from this board.

Archived