IGNORED

N. Utah Tech Daze - April 14-15 announcement thread

bakerzdosen

Firefight911

Darn it!!!!

I am officially out. I have confirmation that I am evaluating our prospective new hires next week during both their physical agility test and their paramedic skills testing.

Tom, you'll have to find yourself a new snuggle partner!! eek.gifeek.gifeek.gifeek.gifeek.gif

Even though Phil is backing out, I guess we can still carry forward with the event. Actually, screw him!! WE ARE GOING TO HAVE A BLAST WITHOUT HIM!! thumbsup.gifthumbsup.giflmao.giflmao.gif

The nerve of some people putting work in front of friends and the opportunity to work on motorcycles. Actually, I got to go log off. My boss is calling me.

Darn it!!!! I am officially out.
OK then, since he's not coming maybe I will wink.gif I need a place to throw down my pad and sleeping bag or put up my tent, no motels for me at the moment ($=0) I might have to come in the truck as I need to buy a gate.
bakerzdosen
Darn it!!!!

I am officially out.

While it's too bad you can't make it, I'm hardly the person to be complaining about someone backing out of an event at the last minute. I have no idea where this sudden interest in not being a hypocrite comes from, but there you go...

Have fun working. wave.gif

Only a few more days until the N. Utah Tech Daze and I can't wait. The list of attendees is growing but I wanted to try to get a good idea of really who is coming so I have enough groceries on hand.

So this is the list of attendees so far:

KMG_365*

azkaisr*

killer*

bakerzdosen

Joel

Bheckel169

rebz

Blake

grizzly660fan

*those staying at my home

Let me know if I missed anyone.

Where's Whip?

bakerzdosen
Where's Whip?
I double-dog dared him to ride up for it. However, he feels he is needed at his store just to get a floor down in the middle of the night.

As of last night, I'd give him a 1 in 50 chance of making it.

Well, let's see: it will be Friday the 13th, and there's a better than 50% chance of snow, even at lower elevations, the next 2 days, including a 70% chance on Friday. I think someone might be trying to tell me something. frown.gif

Where's Whip?
I double-dog dared him to ride up for it. However, he feels he is needed at his store just to get a floor down in the middle of the night.

As of last night, I'd give him a 1 in 50 chance of making it.

It's 1 in 1000 now.....

Well, let's see: it will be Friday the 13th, and there's a better than 50% chance of snow, even at lower elevations, the next 2 days, including a 70% chance on Friday. I think someone might be trying to tell me something. frown.gif

I thought that's what owning a GS was all about - ADVENTURE!! tongue.gifgrin.gif

I thought that's what owning a GS was all about - ADVENTURE!! tongue.gifgrin.gif

grin.gif BTDT. Somehow the T-shirt ended up with brown stains on it. blush.gifdopeslap.gif

I'm not ready to give up, but now NWS says this about our forecast:

SNOW WILL EXPAND ACROSS THE PLAINS AND FRONT RANGE LATE THURSDAY NIGHT. SNOWFALL ACCUMULATIONS OF 3 TO 6 INCHES ARE EXPECTED BY DAYBREAK FRIDAY WITH TOTAL SNOW ACCUMULATIONS OF 6 TO 12 INCHES POSSIBLE BEFORE THE SNOW DECREASES FRIDAY NIGHT. THE HEAVIER SNOWFALL TOTALS WILL OCCUR IN THE FRONT RANGE AND AREAS ADJACENT TO THE FOOTHILLS. LESSER SNOW AMOUNTS WILL FALL NORTHEAST OF DENVER...BUT GUSTY WINDS OF 20 TO 25 MPH WILL CAUSE BLOWING AND DRIFTING SNOW ON THE PLAINS.

Rats.

Ok, I'll concede on this one. smirk.gif

Even though Saturday is supposed to be the best day for the next week, the high on Monday went from 68 down to 50!? confused.gifeek.gif

Maybe I should look into meteorology as my next career move..... dopeslap.gif

The schedule for the N. Utah Tech Daze is as follows:

Friday 4/13

Out of towners arrive when they can in the afternoon

Tri-Tip BBQ around 6:30 or 7:00 and hang out as long as you like.

Saturday 4/14

Waffles - 8:00 or whenever we wake up

Start wrenching, learning, and observing whenever we want.

Lunch around lunchtime (fixins for sandwiches)

Dinner around dinnertime (fixins for brats)

Hang out, kick some tires and tell lies as until everyone is too tired.

Sunday 4/15

Flexible - Finish anything left over and/or go for a ride.

As you can see, this will be a kicked back and flexible Tech Daze where people will be working on thier own bikes and learning how to do a few new things. No rigid schedules, just a bunch of friends working on bikes and having fun.

My addy again is:

1004 East 5205 South

SLC, UT 84117

Hope to see many of you on Friday night and I'm looking forward to changing the brake fluid on my GS under the wise tutelage of Jamie.

Regards,

Maybe I should look into meteorology as my next career move..... dopeslap.gif

Maybe so. Apparently weather forecasters can keep their jobs even when they're completely wrong. confused.gif

After seeing a forecast with a winter storm warning and a 100% chance of up to 12" of snow, I mentally pulled the plug yesterday afternoon on riding over to SLC for this. I committed to a couple of meetings at my office. And now, of course, Mother Nature has reminded me that she can be such a cruel tease. Not a drop of precipitation here overnight, nor did the temperature fall -- it was 38 degrees @ 06:00 today. And there doesn't seem to be much heavy weather over either route I might have taken. Better safe than sorry, but this is pretty frustrating.

I hope you all have a fun, safe Tech Daze. wave.gif Maybe next time I can join in.

Joel,

Blow off the meetings, hop on the scoot and motor west to SLC. You can still make it if you leave now!!!

Just don't make any excuses for the trip to Utah come mid-May. thumbsup.gif

Regards,

grizzly660fan

I know what you mean about the weather. its been a weird week here for weather but sometimes you have to expect that in the Rockies.

I am excited for the event, see you tonight at the bbque!

Garry

Yeah, you all know about weather in the Rockies! This is I-90 near Sheridan, WY just 2 weeks ago. It had been in the upper 60's - low 70's the day before.

143428069-L.jpg

143428081-L.jpg

143428092-L.jpg

I wish I could be there for your Tech Day, but I've got too much stuff happening this weekend. Have fun!

Doug

Archived