IGNORED

N. Utah Tech Daze - April 14-15 announcement thread

bakerzdosen

All,

Consider this your official warning.

The masses have spoken and have been heard.

On April 14th and 15th, 2007 we will be having a Tech Daze near Salt Lake City, UT. And, you're all invited.

This will be held at Andy Sager's house (well, his garage actually. You shouldn't have any problem finding it, it's the one you can see from space because it's got custom reflective stickers all over it*. lmao.gif)

We will be posting more info here as the event gets nearer including motels etc.

Here's hoping we see a HUGE turnout.

If anyone would like to lead a breakout session to help last minute tax filers, post here. grin.gif

*anyone who actually goes looking for a house 100% covered in reflective stickers - Dex included - needs to click here.

All of you attendees might want to make sure your taxes have been done and submitted considering this prestigious event is at the wire for submitting your tax returns. Have fun wrenching on your bikes.

Have fun in Sacto with SpoonyPhil.

Jealousy will get you no where!!

I am in. HOT Jamie (2bmwfan) will not be coming.

Spooning days are here again . . . ooo.gif

I hope you take new people to the scene. I'm up in Huntsville, Utah so I'm close and would love to participate.

Bruce

Well, since nobody else really responded to this...

OF COURSE we take new people. We'd love for you to come as well. I was quite new at this last summer and attended Cheechoo's TD in Arnold, CA. Hopefully this TD will be as good at welcoming new people as Charlie was to me.

As much as I want to, I not sure if I can make this one work...

If I do, I will be a late arrival Saturday.

I'll let Y'all know in march...

I hope you take new people to the scene. I'm up in Huntsville, Utah so I'm close and would love to participate.

Bruce

Many, many of us (myself included) count a Tech Daze as their first BMWST event. Heck, Gregori even _hosted_ a TD as his (and my) first event! I'm not sure if that was brave or stupid, but AFAIK all the participants are still alive and speaking cordially to each other. grin.gif

Sorry for the delay in my response. I have been in two full days of Lean Six Sigma training and performing our Value Stream Mapping and haven't been able to break away.

I've been compiling a list of motels nearby, but the Salt Lake valley is pretty easily navigable and anywhere you stay in SLC, will be no more than 10-15 minutes away. But any motel in Murray, UT or Midvale, UT will be the closest to my house.

After training... dopeslap.gifI will post specifics.

Thanks,

The following motels are listed in order of closest to my home.

Cyrstal Inn

818 East Winchester Street (6400 South)

Murray, UT 84107

801-685-9300

Super 8

7048 South 900 East

Midvale, UT 84047

801-255-5559

Candlewood Suites

6990 Park Centre Drive

Salt Lake City, UT

800-970-4654

As mentioned earlier, there is plenty of tent space in the back yard. Plenty of bedroll space downstairs, and room for 3-4 in the RV to the side of the house.

azkaisr has one of the spots claimed, so stake your claim.

My address is:

1004 East 5205 South

SLC, UT 84117

801-550-0438

Firefight911

My address is:

1004 East 5205 South

SLC, UT 84117

801-550-0438

Hey Tom!!!!!!! Andy says we are bunking together!!!!! wink.gifwink.gifwink.gifwink.gifwink.gif

My address is:

1004 East 5205 South

SLC, UT 84117

801-550-0438

Hey Tom!!!!!!! Andy says we are bunking together!!!!! wink.gifwink.gifwink.gifwink.gifwink.gif

What'd you do, kick Jamie to the curb (NERDY Jamie that is)?! eek.giftongue.giflmao.gif

My address is:

1004 East 5205 South

SLC, UT 84117

801-550-0438

What'd you do, kick Jamie to the curb (NERDY Jamie that is)?! eek.giftongue.giflmao.gif

I am staying out of this!

Hey, Andy! Didn't you get my Memo?? confused.gif

I think you'll find it pre-dates Tom's claim! wink.gif

grin.gif

Oh, and Blake, don't forget: it's "CoolJamie"! thumbsup.gif

Hey, Andy! Didn't you get my Memo?? confused.gif

I think you'll find it pre-dates Tom's claim! wink.gif

grin.gif

Does this mean that you forgive Phil for two-timing on you? eek.giftongue.gif

Just make sure you guys make up BEFORE I get there, OK?! crazy.gif

Oh, and Blake, don't forget: it's "CoolJamie"! thumbsup.gif

Yeah, you just keep telling yourself that! - HEHEHE!!!! lmao.giflmao.gif

Jamie,

There is plenty of room. And let me remind everyone of the unspoken Utah Techdaze rule. NO SPOONING!! Unless it involves tire irons, a harbor freight tire changer, and a little bit of tire lube. confused.gif

Later,

Jamie,

There is plenty of room. And let me remind everyone of the unspoken Utah Techdaze rule. NO SPOONING!! Unless it involves tire irons, a harbor freight tire changer, and a little bit of tire lube. confused.gif

Later,

Sorry, but the only spooning that I'll even CONSIDER doing is if you have ice cream present! grin.gifthumbsup.gif

Jamie,

Later,

Sorry, but the only spooning that I'll even CONSIDER doing is if you have ice cream present! grin.gifthumbsup.gif

I think I just figured out why Utah is the #1 State for ice cream consumption. dopeslap.gifdopeslap.gif Or was it Jell-O? I can't remember.

Jell-O and Ice Cream will NOT be on the menu for the Utah Tech Daze.

[/b]

Jamie,

Later,

I think I just figured out why Utah is the #1 State for ice cream consumption. dopeslap.gifdopeslap.gif Or was it Jell-O? I can't remember.

Hey, these extra pounds aren't just from arm chair lounging (or Jello)! dopeslap.gif

Jell-O and Ice Cream will NOT be on the menu for the Utah Tech Daze.

Ok, that's just not right! frown.gif

BUT, I do have my system cases..., and I did just buy a tank bag (i.e. - PLENTY of carrying room - did I mention I don't share very easily)! eek.giftongue.gif

And let me remind everyone of the unspoken Utah Techdaze rule. NO SPOONING!! Unless it involves tire irons, a harbor freight tire changer, and a little bit of tire lube. confused.gif

Oooooooh! That's kinky! I NEVER would have thought of going THERE!! eek.gif

Hey, whetever you guys do in the privacy of your own garage is NONE of my business . . . . grin.gif

. . . let's see . . .

[ . . . making a note in "Blake's" file . . . . blush.gif ]

. . . let's see . . .

Damn, that file just keeps getting bigger and bigger, doesn't it?! blush.gifsmirk.gif

Firefight911
. . . let's see . . .

Damn, that file just keeps getting bigger and bigger, doesn't it?! blush.gifsmirk.gif

It's OK Blake!! Some day he'll realize it's HE who has "issues." wink.gifwink.gif

I'd like to start making a list of the items attendees would like to see and/or perform.

So, I'll go first. I would like to learn how to change the brake fluid on my 03 GS. This has been an annual thing that I have paid someone else to do, but after the TD, I want to have the knowledge to do it myself which will save me over $250 per year.

To help with others lists, I have the following items:

Harbor Freight Tire Changer w/ a Wikco Bar

Marc Parnes Balancer

Twinmax

1 set of valve guages (2 intake and 2 exhaust)

Small Air Compressor

Torque Wrench

BMW parts/oil can be purchased from two different locations in SLC. One is an independent mechanic, Motorcycle Repair and Rendezvous, the other is Accolade Motorsports (BMW of SL). Motorcycle R&R is maybe 5 miles from my house, Accolade is 25 miles from my house. If special items are needed, I recommend you make prior arrangements. Feel free to ship them to my house, but please let me know they are coming so I don't think it is an early birthday present from my wife thumbsup.gif.

I "watched" someone change their fluids (minus brake fluid), and I'm pretty confident that I could do it, but you know the old addage about doing it yourself (whatever it is). dopeslap.gif Anyway, I'm down for changing all of the fluids, except the brake fluid as it was done not too long ago.

Would adding driving lights be a good project to attempt? I have everything but the bracket (it's on order) and I'd love to (FINALLY) add them. smile.gif

Does anyone have the experience to offer this guidance?

We could "attempt" to fix the tab on one of my system cases for "something to do", but I could really be bothered. blush.gif

That's all I can think of..., but I'm sure we'll find other things..... tongue.gif

bakerzdosen

If I haven't done it by then, I'll work on getting the whole "electrification" thing done. Otherwise, a brake bleed is on my docket.

(Hmmmmm.... if only I knew someone who had put a fuse box on an ST...)

On the mundane side, I'm thinking I'll finally get around to doing the cannisterectomy, and maybe cleaning up the spaghetti that runs into the fuse block under my saddle. On the more interesting side, I'm considering changing that "lifetime" final drive fluid, since I think a couple of the attendees have successfully done that and could help, but that might be biting off more than I could/should chew.

I added my own lights and did my own electrification, so I might be able to help with others' projects along those lines. I'm not nearly the neatnick that one advisor might be.

Beyond that, I can take a few pictures, hold work lights, fetch beverages, laugh at jokes, and maybe crack a few myself (beverages and jokes).

BeniciaRT_GT
If I haven't done it by then, I'll work on getting the whole "electrification" thing done. Otherwise, a brake bleed is on my docket.

If onlys ehhhh:

If only I didn't hassle that poor, sensitive, quiet, shy, studly, geeky, BeniciaRT_GT guy so much...

Actually, I really don't think I can make this trip, so I can't help you out. However, i think now that Phil got a dose of top gun/immersion wrenching-electrifying course a while back, he has it covered pretty well. (He really had it covered before, but just needed a little nudge to remind him how it all works after so many years of slacking off and running into burning buildings lmao.gif)

Firefight911

Hmmmmmm!!!! I'll see if I know someone who might know someone who knows someone who could somehow figure out how to help someone out wioth something which they somehow have decided to someday install on their ST!! grin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gif

I'll help with all things electrifickle!! grin.gifthumbsup.gif

I'll bring my heat gun and solder iron.

Andy/Matt - locate the local Radio Shack!!

bakerzdosen
Andy/Matt - locate the local Radio Shack!!
Well, FWIW, I have the Bosch relay(s), Bluesea 5025, soldering iron, some wire (will probably get more), and shrink tubing (and Autocom). Like I said, I might make it that long without wiring, but we'll see...

What gauge wire did you guys use for low voltage stuff like Autocoms and GPS's?

• 3 weeks later...

Everyone better hurry and get those taxes done (especially me. What kind of host would I be if I was downstairs on the computer finishing my taxes while everyone was in the garage having a blast with the bikes??)

Looking forward to it. clap.gifclap.gif

Everyone better hurry and get those taxes done (especially me. What kind of host would I be if I was downstairs on the computer finishing my taxes while everyone was in the garage having a blast with the bikes??)

Looking forward to it. clap.gifclap.gif

Me too! Only two weeks to go. Is that enough time to do taxes (can you say procrastinate - lol)? eek.gifdopeslap.gif

So..., does everyone have all of their to-do's and travel plans in order? lurker.gif

Andy, let me know if there's anything you need to help get this shin-dig goin'! thumbsup.gif

wave.gifwave.gifwave.gifwave.gifwave.gifTWO WEEKS PEOPLE - MARK IT DOWN AND COME VISIT US!!!!!! wave.gifwave.gifwave.gifwave.gifwave.gif

I'm off duty on the morning of the 12th and it's only 700+ miles to SLC. Maybe I can make it out in one shot a day early and help out with preparations (or help Andy finish his taxes! dopeslap.gifgrin.gif ). There's also a possibility that I might be on someone else's bike . . . . wink.gif

Really looking forward to this!! clap.gif

I'm off duty on the morning of the 12th and it's only 700+ miles to SLC. Maybe I can make it out in one shot a day early and help out with preparations (or help Andy finish his taxes! dopeslap.gifgrin.gif ). There's also a possibility that I might be on someone else's bike . . . . wink.gif

Really looking forward to this!! clap.gif

Jamie,

Okay, okay, the suspense is killing me and I don't think I can wait until you get here to find out what you will be riding. WHAT IS IT?!?!?!

Let me know if you will be here on the 12th or the 13th. If you arrive on the 12th, I better start working on getting Friday off. thumbsup.gif I was planning on working early that day and leave the office around 3 to 3:30.

Andy, I'm off on Friday so I can be there whenever you need me to be. I can run errands for supplies, food, whatever. Just let me know what if anything you need for preparation and when and where you need it (or me)! thumbsup.gif

Jamie,

Okay, okay, the suspense is killing me and I don't think I can wait until you get here to find out what you will be riding. WHAT IS IT?!?!?!

Dude, it changes every day! dopeslap.gif

Let me know if you will be here on the 12th or the 13th. If you arrive on the 12th, I better start working on getting Friday off. thumbsup.gif I was planning on working early that day and leave the office around 3 to 3:30.
No worries, I can be there Friday afternoon if that works better (Oh, BTW, that putz Phil's probably NOT coming after all--he just would drop that "spooning thing"! blush.giftongue.giflmao.gif ).

Just have all your deductable receipts in the shoebox set out with a note so I can start totalling them up easily! wink.gif

bakerzdosen

Andy,

Yeah, and I'm just a putz too apparently. I'm gonna be in Texas until the day before. So, if you need help from me, it's gonna be this weekend. Lemme know. (I get back to SLC at 4:20pm Friday, so perhaps Fri evening is an option.)

Jamie,

So, my guess is that you had thought about riding the k-bike up, but the whole "it got sold" thing put a damper on that. Now, you're thinking of riding Les's bike up so perhaps you can work on it and let it strech it's legs a bit.

Of course, I've been wrong before... (I remember it well. It was a Tuesday. Carter was president... well anyway... lmao.gif )

Firefight911

Buy yourself a calendar from Killer, would ya!!!!!

Texas already happened!!!! Now go home.

And yes, you are a putz! wave.gif

bakerzdosen

How many do I need? I've already got one calendar I'm looking at right now.

Hill Country already happened. Waco has not (yet).

So, is it true you're wimping out or not?

Firefight911

How many do I need? I've already got one calendar I'm looking at right now.

Hill Country already happened. Waco has not (yet).

So, is it true you're wimping out or not?

Psssst, Waco already happened YEARS ago. Oh, never mind, that was a stand off.

I am NOT wimping out, however, I have been tagged to help out with the paramedic testing of our new hires. The schedule won't be firmed until the end of the week when our EMS officer gets back from Hawaii. Tentative date is for either the 12th or the 13th. If the 13th then I am definitely out. bncry.gifbncry.gifbncry.gif

Hmm..., something tells me that you should try and find a significant other, family member, friend or COWORKER, then ask them about something you can bribe him or her with so it can be done on the 12th (hint - hint, YOU putz - lol).

Jamie,

No matter what you ride to Tech Daze, I'll let you take a ride on my new ULTIMATE Adventure bike.

141105516-L.gif

A 1984 Honda CT110.

I thought you wanted him here NEXT weekend?

If he takes that thing, he may not make it until next MONTH! tongue.giflmao.giflmao.gif

Just watch, your mocking the Honda now, but you'll be the first one in line to take it for a spin around the block. tongue.gif

Archived