IGNORED

90 Degree adapter to fill rear tire on R1200RT

GordonZ

I remember reading somewhere about a 90 degree adapter that converts the vertical stem on the rear tire of my R1200RT to a horizontal position to assist in adding air to the tire. It is not for use while riding, but only to add air if the fitting from the air source didn't fit easily. Can anyone provide a link or other info on such a fitting. Thanks in advance.

These come stock on Ducati wheels and can be had at any Ducati dealer for about $12. each. You have a Duc dealer in your area or you can get one from Pro Italia in LA, Ca. and have them send it to you.

You may have to inlarge the hole in the wheel but may be not since they're both metric bikes.

I sure wish BMW would integrate the rear valve stem into the wheel itself like they did for the front wheel of the new hexheads. It is incredibly easy to fill and check the pressure now. Anyone venture to guess why they have not done it for the rear wheel? I had the same 90 angle valve stem on my Ducati 748 with the same result. Very easy to check and fill the front tire.

I sure wish BMW would integrate the rear valve stem into the wheel itself like they did for the front wheel of the new hexheads.

Do you know what the diameter of the hole in the rim is?

This might make a handy little addition if it fits....

Can't you replace the valve stems with 90 degree stems when you have new tires on? Just asking this for myself because I'm getting new tires installed next week at the local Honda dealer. I have a 99 R11RT.

Mark

AdventurePoser

The adaptor pictured in the second post works great! I keep on in my tankbag, and it makes checking the pressure much easier.

Remember, do NOT leave this adaptor on the stem when not in use...

Steve in So Cal

Jerry Johnston

I doubt that the Honda dealer will have them in stock. BMWMick suggested Patchboy.com and they have a great selection and the lest expensive. I ordered several different ones from them and plan on trying them the next set of new tires I get.

Archived