IGNORED

Got my New Russell Day Long

AdventurePoser

AdventurePoser

at 1530 on Friday, and went out and rode 1100 miles over the weekend on it, cold, right out of the box.

It is a phenomenal saddle! It seems perfect in everyway.

Can you tell I am happy with the purchase?

Cheers,

Steve in So Cal

You are a lucky man to have one of those seats. I have an Airhawk- the economy version of a custom seat. You will really be able to ride in comfort now and rack up the miles.

Steve, what is the *main* difference that you feel between the oem and the Russell? So far the oem isn't all that bad for me but maybe it gets too soft after a few months--only had it 2 weeks! thanks!

I know the feeling. I am still excited about my Russell after 4 months and can't get over being able to ride all day and then get off the bike without limping.

I have a date of March 20 to have one built for my bike. I am anxious to get it. I will have it to ride to EP in April. I am in pain within 100 miles on the stock seat. I had to buy an Airhawk to be able to ride more than an hour or two. I'm really looking forward to getting the Russell.

B.B.

My first question to you regarding seat comfort is what type of mileage are riding in a typical day? As Steve's 1150 likes to say the OEM seat is a "torture rack". I would whole heartedly agree. The custom seats available are designed more like a John Deere tractor seat (Russell, Mayer, Sargeant, etc.). Because the seat is wider it spreads your weight across the seat more effectively. The OEM seat is much narrower. If it is comfortable to you count yourself incredibly lucky. The majority of us just can't take it. 3 months ago I had my stock seat modified. I had 1/2" of foam removed from the very rear portion of the front seat. Within 60 miles into a 300 mile day by hiney was already getting the "burn". Even though my seat guy modified the seat exactly as I requested, it is still horribly uncomfortable. I am trying out another brand of custom seat right now and while it is a tractor style seat and is more comfortable than stock there is not much padding in the seat (no brand divulged at this point). Steve's 1150 has offered to let me try his RDL for a day so I can evaluate the seat which is awesome. Who could refuse that offer? Fortunately we have the same bike so the switch is easy.

Steve, I feal for you as I too went through this same un-greiving process. The un-pain of riding long distances and then getting off from the bike only to know that tomarrow you can do it all over again. Un-saddness and un-sorrow follows the life of a Russell Seat Rider. bncry.gif

Steve, I feal for you as I too went through this same un-greiving process. The un-pain of riding long distances and then getting off from the bike only to know that tomarrow you can do it all over again. Un-saddness and un-sorrow follows the life of a Russell Seat Rider. bncry.gif

Steve, I un-derstand completely. Un-doubetedly I too must be a RDL owner! lmao.gif

AdventurePoser
Steve,

This is ass happy ass I've seen you in ass long ass I can remember.

wave.gif

Butt, let's not digress too far from this thread... grin.gif

Steve

AdventurePoser
Steve, what is the *main* difference that you feel between the oem and the Russell? So far the oem isn't all that bad for me but maybe it gets too soft after a few months--only had it 2 weeks! thanks!

BB,

I think the stocker is too narrow. Keith hit the proverbial nail on the head when he spoke of the riders body weight being spread out more evenly across the seat pan.

I also had them build the seat 2" taller both in the rider and pillion portions in an effort to give me more knee room.

I'll take some pix and post them this weekend...

Cheers,

Steve

Archived