IGNORED

any pics of LED's added to supplement the OE brake light?

majordad

I want more visibility at night. I thought of putting an LED just above the reflector on the side cases yet would like to have more lighting in the rear for times when I don't use the cases. any pics would be helpful to make the addition of lights more creative.

http://www.brakeflasher.com/cycle.htm

I bought one of these. I wasn't crazy about the mercury switch so I took it out and jumped across it. Now, everytime I brake the lights flash. The LED's on this unit are large and that is why I bought it. It really gets your attention. I mounted mine under the tail light with the Superlock Velcro and it has never moved.

I bought the Hyperlites R1200RT II lights. They have 16 LED's per side, and are dual function. They are on as additional tail lights, and when you hit the brakes they come on brighter and flash while the brakes are on. They take about 15 minutes to install.

+1, +2, +3 on the Hyper Lites. It is one of the first accessories I put on all of my bikes. There is no doubt anyone coming up behind you will see the LED's flashing. It is a great product for $65 OTD and a 15-20 minute installation for the standard set it is a no brainer.

that's seems pretty steep for a small piece of plastic/metal. do the lights come with it? your link doesn't show a picture.

Welcome to BMW World. lmao.gif Could be worse... like a BOAT!

The $77 buys you the complete kit, meaning lights and bracket. But the lights are commonly available at any truck stop for about $2.50 each, so yes, you're paying an obscene amount of money for a crappy bracket. Welcome to BMW...

-MKL

I will probably install hyperlite-type lights at some time. I just wanted to see where others are placing them. I wish there were more designer lights using LED technology to make the bike look more stylish with added lights.

Archived