IGNORED

What are your tire suggestions for the R12GS?

Tasker

Just curious...

The last time I bought new tires for an R12GS was in June of 2005. At that time, I purchased a set of Michelin Anakees from Southwest Moto for my 2005 GS. I paid right at $230 for the set.

I now need a set for my 2006 GS and am wondering what your thoughts might be about tires for this bike and if you are aware of new/better options?

I liked the Anakees, but would consider an alternative. I do slab work, twisties and light to medium trail work, i.e. fire and access trails. No Dakar.

Thanks!

Just curious...

The last time I bought new tires for an R12GS was in June of 2005. At that time, I purchased a set of Michelin Anakees from Southwest Moto for my 2005 GS. I paid right at $230 for the set.

I now need a set for my 2006 GS and am wondering what your thoughts might be about tires for this bike and if you are aware of new/better options?

I liked the Anakees, but would consider an alternative. I do slab work, twisties and light to medium trail work, i.e. fire and access trails. No Dakar.

Thanks!

I like the Anakees as well for your kind of riding. I tend to do more off-road riding in summer, and switch to TKC-80's then, but in Winter my riding is as you describe and the Anakees are a good fit.

I'm on my third set of Avon Distanzias!

Great tires, $40 less than Tourances, grip excellent in wet or dry, work well in the dirst, suck in the mud, and last a long time! I get 10K plus miles from mine on hard riding.

01-tire-change-02.jpg

Jim cool.gif

I've been sticking with the Anakees too.

Although probably as much as I don't want to buy something else, end up hating them, and have waisted the $$.

PS: Glad to see that you kept the bike Tasker! thumbsup.gif

Archived