IGNORED

I can stop, anytime, really, I promise!

CruisinCruzan

CruisinCruzan

Sentence runs on and on and on.....

Put the bike in my basement for the winter figured I would "tidy up" the wiring for the various things I had connected. Since I had time thought I would take off the plastic which would make wiring a breeze, wife comes down looks and says since you are doing that work I would like to have an iPod for music, more wiring, it would be nice to have a "regular" power outlet to charge the various items we bring on our trips (plus I had that one remaining hot circuit in my fuse block), more wiring, wife suggests having the option of using the Valentine 1 when we travel, no problem, out goes the Motorrad GPS mount, order a GadgetGuy mount, legal speeding box for the Valentine, remote audio also, more wiring, cut up some aluminum make a nice little mount for the PTT switch of my Autocom, get the gadget guy mount, I like the brace, "forces" me to make a new mount for my Hella HIDs, start thinking of wife's safety (she didn't believe it either), buy a set of Hyper lights that I attach to the top case with a plug to quickly disconnect when I ride without the case (already had a set on the license plate bracket), Hyper lights makes turn signals too?, I'll try a set of those mount them them under the mirror with connectors that can be released when I take off the mirrors, decide I need better highway peg options so I will put on a set of Touratech bars which will give me a nice option to install the passenger footpegs that were replaced with the Suburban boards (she must be kept comfy), since I had this pile of body parts, ah what the hell, might as well paint it a color or colors you'll not likely see on another RT any time soon, wife helps pick out the colors and laughs at me but still lets me paint the bike! My son visits from school and wants to get me help. What have I learned from this obsession? Winter in central NY forces you to do these things so you don't go crazy, you can always add something, and most important you absolutely, positively must have a wife that just laughs at you and let's you tinker to your heart's content. Eagerly awaiting the return of the plastic.

Stay Vertical.

Yeah, pics are a requirement once you get the bike back together.

If you don't post pics, we'll find your house, & paint it colors you likely wouldn't see on ANYTHING. grin.gif

• 2 weeks later...
CruisinCruzan

Teaser pics from the painter, base coat is black then sprayed with HOK platinum metallic then candy red. Stripes and everything that was silver will be the red enamel, first parts should arrive next week. More to come.

820762-DSCF2120.jpg.e9e92d7029b3388bfcd5f0abe7052f65.jpg

Archived