IGNORED

Zumo Reverse Track

tobyzusa

Today I rode from A to B. I then imported the trip log so that I could follow this track from B back to A. What is curious, is the Zumo kept trying to route me back onto the A to B route instead of letting me go home from B to A. What am I doing wrong? While I was just experimenting today, this is something that I will need/want to do in the future, especially on unfamiliar roads. Had an issue with unpaved roads too, but that's for another day.

I assume what you're looking for is a "track back" function where you can, on the spur of the moment, wander off down unfamiliar roads/trails, and then find your way back by navigating the track created by the GPS. If that assumption is correct, planning the route(s) in advance on your PC certainly takes away the spontaneity.

My 276C has track back, as do all the Garmin marine units, as far as I know. Garmin seems to have dropped some of the hardcore navigation features from the Zumo in favour of features like XM radio, weather, bluetooth etc., none of which are available on my 276C. I guess there are always tradeoffs.

Well trade your 276c for the 376c...then you have it all clap.gif

Thats what I did...

Jim

I'm a poor pensioner; I can't afford it lmao.gif Besides, I'm thinking seriously of getting an Autocom installed before my wife and I head off to California this summer (after the MOA rally).

Nope, it won't reverse a route ( <a href="thread" target="_blank">http://razorbiker.com/zumo/viewtopic.php?t=249</a> ), like my 12 year old Lowrance will. When you make a route in Mapsource, invert it and save it as a new route, then load both. It sounds goofy to have to load 2 routes to do this, but there's no invert or reverse on the unit.

Darrell,

Thanks. That was the info I was looking for, although not the answer that I had hoped. I called Garmin Tech support this morning before I saw this post, and curiously enough they said they thought the functionality was there and they would. "get back to me". Pretty clear from this thread that Track Back is not there. I do want to try reversing the start and end points though. If you do that at or near your farthest point, it may approximate the TrackBack feature.

I'd love to know how to do this on my Nav II/2610, too! I thought I'd seen it in there, but went to run a saved route the wrong way and it kept trying to turn me around.

Not to hijack the post...having the weather display on the 376 can make your day, (and more importantly), hers too, after you cleverly detour around the thunderstorm, hurricane, tornado whatever.

I became a 'believer' during my (1st ever) run to Daytona last year when the 376 showed a huge area of snow showers ahead of me and by cutting left to I-95 and continuing south I missed the whole mess!!

If all she is going to do is holler expletives in your ear make sure you have the optional 'stealth' mute switch installed, after you push it, (stealthy) it cuts out her audio and plays a continuous loop, 'uh-huh, uh-huh, yes dear, uh-huh... lmao.gif.

We have used Autocom since 1996...love it. Using the Active 7 now.

Jim

I assume what you're looking for is a "track back" function

I got everyone on the Zumo board all messed up on that point, they are two different things. Trackback is used just like you said. Reversing a planned route is a different thing. You use it when you've planned a route out, and want to reverse it to come home.

I assume what you're looking for is a "track back" function

I got everyone on the Zumo board all messed up on that point, they are two different things. Trackback is used just like you said. Reversing a planned route is a different thing. You use it when you've planned a route out, and want to reverse it to come home.

Now I think I'm confused. Were you trying to reverse a pre-programmed route, or use "track back"?

I was trying to use "track back" and didn't know the correct terminology. Good news is this is all basically moot. I've been educated by the Zumo Board there are really two ways to do this. Reverse the start and end points (works like a charm - I tried it) or the new 3.0 firmware has a "track" feature that makes the earlier method unnecessary. Anyway, I can accomplish what I wanted to do, so all is grand. thumbsup.gif

Archived