IGNORED

Water based paints - how to protect

RoSPA_man

I'm hearing that the latest paint used on the R1200RT etc is water based and that it does not cope with cruddy conditions as well as teh chemical versions of old. Without spending $$$ on physical protection like Xpel etc, is there any polish or similar product that really works to stop paint dulling, forks pitting (salt on roads cases this in UK) etc. I gather centre stands rust etc even more than used to happen on my R11X0 RTs - can't you tell that I'm 10 days from a 1200 thumbsup.gif

I'm not familiar with the Scottoiler product (they sell the chain lube products here, but I've never seen their other stuff in the U.S.). I'd say that, generally speaking, the products that incorporate polymer protectants instead of wax are probably the best way to go.

I've started using Zaino products. I'm not sure if they ship to the U.K., but the manufacturers of these types of products claim that they "cross-link" to the paint to form a more lasting, durable protective layer. In truth, I'm not sure what the term "cross-linking" means, but in my experience these products are much longer-lasting than traditional waxes. They also tend to give your paint a more reflective appearance.

I'm hearing that the latest paint used on the R1200RT etc is water based and that it does not cope with cruddy conditions as well as teh chemical versions of old. Without spending $$$ on physical protection like Xpel etc, is there any polish or similar product that really works to stop paint dulling, forks pitting (salt on roads cases this in UK) etc. I gather centre stands rust etc even more than used to happen on my R11X0 RTs - can't you tell that I'm 10 days from a 1200 thumbsup.gif

Honda Cleaner Polish. Nothing better.

Archived