IGNORED

Very cheap performance upgrade

CraigT

I would try a Power Commander, but I'd pay the extra to have it set up on a Dyno.

Would not have one of those things on e-Bay, without knowing precisely what is was doing to the air-fuel ratio. What happens if you burnt a valve 10,000 miles after fitting it? Sue some Hungarians?

ShovelStrokeEd

And you can do the same to your bike.

In all probability, it is just a diode (note the directional arrow) installed in line with the O2 sensor signal wire. Depending on type, it will drop the signal 0.7, or 0.4 volts.

No big deal and you could do the same with some of the other sensors, depending on their actions.

Fooling an ECU with an artificial sensor signal is a pretty easy thing to do.

Were I to not care about emissions, I could easily take the ambient air temperature sensor and modify its signal to show lower temperature than was the actual case. More or less simple to do with an op-amp and a couple of resistors set up as a differential amplifier. You could even add a pot and make it adjustable.

This scheme would probably work as well or better than messing with the O2 sensor signal, especially if you pull the LPB, LGB or LBB.

ShovelStrokeEd

I would really be surprised at a 15 HP gain as well.

Hours on the dyno and a free flowing exhaust got 7HP and about a 3mph top speed gain on my 1100RS back when I helped RC Racing develop a chip for the then new '94 BMW oilhead. We used a broad band O2 sensor for mixture adjustment and had wide open throttle running right at about 12.7:1 air fuel ratio from anything over 5K RPM on up.

Do keep in mind, raw data for graphs is pretty easy to edit.

And you can do the same to your bike.

In all probability, it is just a diode (note the directional arrow) installed in line with the O2 sensor signal wire.

That is exactly what that unit is....a 50 cent diode.

They have the same auctions for cars too.

Archived