IGNORED

Mapsource routing question (editing a saved route)

E30TECH

I'd like to edit a route that I have saved. I am using mapsource 8.

What I am trying to do is bypass an intersection, and continue on the same route later. Basically like a detour.

When I try to do this, I can't seem to remove the intersection I am trying to delete.

Can anyone give me an idea of how to do that?

Thanks

...and after you create that route avoidance make sure you: 1) click on "apply" in the routing dialogue box; and, 2) go back into your original route and "recalculate" it.

Thanks for the help guys. I did not know you could do that. I never went into the Advanced part of avoidances.

I really have to practice on this program a little more.

Another way is to create a waypoint along the detour around the intersection you want to avoid, then add that waypoint in the route's waypoints list at the appropriate point in the sequence list.

Another way is to create a waypoint along the detour around the intersection you want to avoid, then add that waypoint in the route's waypoints list at the appropriate point in the sequence list.

I think that is the way I did it a while back. I haven't used the program much, so I still have a lot of learning to do.

Do these avoidances get downloaded to the GPS for use in routes computed by the GPS itself, or do they only apply to routes you predefine in MapSource?

Archived