IGNORED

Dealership Experience: Sandia BMW, Albuquerque

markgoodrich

Dunno if this is the place to post something like this, but I couldn't find a "dealer" forum:

I'm new to BMWs but not to motorcycles, or motorcycle dealers. I live in Austin, where the mostly beloved Lone Star BMW/Triumph is. I have nothing but good things to say about Lone Star, but I didn't buy a bike from them.

I wanted an R1200RT, and they made me a very reasonable offer on a new one, but I found an '06 at Sandia, with 1150 miles on it, with much more equipment...ESA, heated everything, etc.

But it's not the bike, it's the dealership experience I want to share. Dean Jones, the sales manager, couldn't have been easier to deal with. Straight talk, no baloney, everything went exactly as I wanted it to. I had them add an Autocom system, and when I got home the tech had installed all the leads backwards...rider to pillion and vice versa. I griped about it, in an email, and Dean quickly offered to refund a substantial portion of the labor charge...to a customer he will never, ever see again.

I think I got a really great deal on the price, and I have nothing but high praise for my dealings with Dean. The dealership is new, and is very nice.

I went there last Christmas while in town visiting family to buy some touch up paint which is contraband in California. While I was there I remembered I needed a new right front turn signal, don't ask. Neither was in stock they ordered and shipped promptly - I dealt with Alice at the parts counter everyone I met there was friendly.

Archived