IGNORED

Twp Ducatis two women touring.

drodg

Sitting in my office today I have my banker and another women meet me today here in beautiful Indiana with snow pounding outside. I have never met this women before and my banker friend says you and this lady Sandy have something in common. You both love motorcycles. I ask her what she rides and she tells me she ride a Ducati ST4s which immediately gets my attention. She proceeds to tell me she and her friend rode ten states in ten days. I am so impressed and just a little jealous. Anyhow here is a link to her and her friend's story from last summer. http://www.ducati.ms/forums/showthread.php?t=12248

Lone_RT_rider

Very nice ride tale. It covers a lot of the same ground that I cover when I ride to Torrey, but with a bit of a different perspective. Very cool! thumbsup.gif

Shawn

Yes, Vivid1 posts on ST.N or some other board that I read. She seems to be very active in cycling. The sad part is that I read your post, I go to check out who it is about, and of the 150 million women in the USA, it is one that I already know of. Sad that so few of the 149,999,998 women ride........

Yes, Vivid1 posts on ST.N or some other board that I read. She seems to be very active in cycling. The sad part is that I read your post, I go to check out who it is about, and of the 150 million women in the USA, it is one that I already know of. Sad that so few of the 149,999,998 women ride........
Agreed. Anna's pretty unique, but there are definitely a few out there.

Tons down here in FL....but I'm thinking not so many in NE PA. I was at my bro's this weekend and ran into this guy at a local breakfast place. He had an Iron Horse shirt on and he overheard that we were from FL, so naturally we started talking about Bike Week. When I mentioned that I rode my own he reacted as if I said I was an astronaut. Not negatively, just shocked. Made me giggle.

..... I do agree it is a sad state of motorcycling in America.

Is it different anywhere else?

Jane used to ride her own dualsport (they called them "enduros" in those days), but never felt comfortable in traffic. So now she just rides on the seat behind me.

Let's just celebrate the ones who do ride.

..... I do agree it is a sad state of motorcycling in America.

Is it different anywhere else?

Jane used to ride her own dualsport (they called them "enduros" in those days), but never felt comfortable in traffic. So now she just rides on the seat behind me.

This was quite a story, I really enjoyed it !! thumbsup.gif

More and more women join our riding community each year. Sadly to say most don't stick with it for one reason or another. We're glad to have them nevertheless and try to encourage them.

On this forum there has to be more than a dozen women who ride....and not just around the block on Sundays. They are serious riders with thousands of touring miles (and fantatic memories) under their belts. I'm proud to say I'm one of them.

I still get all giggly when I meet another serious woman rider on the road. It's an immediate bond and I just get so proud. When I started riding almost over three decades ago there were very, VERY few female riders. With each little girl whose face lite up when she saw me take off my helmet and realized I was a woman I planted a seed. Early female riders like myself planted lots of seeds that started the female riding population growing. Here we are, 35 years later and on a good weekend 1 out of every 10 riders I see is female. That's pretty good growth. If a few of those gals stick with it, hone their skills, gain experience on the open road and plant seeds of their own then there's no stopping future growth of the female riding community.

thumbsup.gif

Really enjoyed the post! Here's another great lady motorcycle rider.

Ardys Kellerman is my hero.

my hero clap.gif

I had heard of Ardy's but wanted to know more. I found out her story here. I thought it was a nice story about her. Wow, she's completed 4 IBR's!! I like her choice of bike...same color and year as mine, cool cool.gif

Oddly, she started riding the same year I did also on a small Honda(360) however she was much older than I was. This is to her credit since as odd as it was to see a female on a bike in the early seventies it was even more odd to see a more mature woman riding. thumbsup.gif

AdventurePoser
...now she just rides on the seat behind me.

My lovely Flame doesn't "just ride behind me..." she is my trusted co pilot. She is actively involved in all facets of our rides, from planning and helping with maintenance, all the way through the ride itself...she understands the dynamics of the ride and motorcycle safety. When things get crazy she is a trusted set of eyes and ears.

In fact, the Flame has close to 100K miles riding as my pillion. And what a pillion rider she is! Dancing thru the curves at a very sprightly pace, both of us leaning off, with her yelling "yeeeha!" in the Autocom is a memory I never get tired of reliving!

Does she want to pilot her own bike? "No," she says, "I just like to enjoy the ride with my arms around your waist." I am very content with that... thumbsup.gif

Enjoy the ride,

Steve in So Cal

After reading the first lines of Anna's story, I realized that this is the same woman in theoasisofmysoul, on December 28th. http://bmwsporttouring.com/ubbthreads/sh...e=0&fpart=4

Come to find out, she lives about 2 miles from where our Chicago BMW club meets. It is a small world. As Steves1150 says about his wifes desire to pilot her own bike, my wife tells me every time we see a female biker, "I don't want to ride my own bike, I just want to sit and enjoy riding with you", and I am happy being her pilot.

Nice...very nice. I am glad to see the "ladies" are just as capable as us boys are in touring. Looks like they had fun. Lots of smiles on their faces! Good job!

Archived