IGNORED

New R12RT

luf

Friday I picked up my 07 Beige R12RT from BMW of Fort Worth. WHAT A BIKE. I am absolutley loving it. I am definitely like a kid with a new toy. I am sure I am going to have a lot of questions over time, but I hope to be able to contribute also, even if it is in a small way. Have been a lurker here for a while, but I am now happy to be a part of this great site and the fine people here.

Jimster cool.gif

Congratulations, Jimmy. I put a lot of miles on my 1100 and really liked the bike. I didn't like the 1150, but the little I've ridden the 12RT was impressive.

Friday I picked up my 07 Beige R12RT from BMW of Fort Worth. WHAT A BIKE. I am absolutley loving it. I am definitely like a kid with a new toy. I am sure I am going to have a lot of questions over time, but I hope to be able to contribute also, even if it is in a small way. Have been a lurker here for a while, but I am now happy to be a part of this great site and the fine people here.

Jimster cool.gif

congratulations.

Join your local BMW riders for breakfast next week. Details can be found here:

http://www.bogriffinrides.com/html/ww021807.htm

Also checkout Lone Star BMW Riders Club.

I know a rider who goes by Jimster (FJR & KLR).

Congrats on your new RT and welcome to the website. A bunch of good folks lurk here. BMW/F.W. did the first service on my 04 RT when I bought it over your way Dec. 04. Nice folks. Enjoy your new bike. You are going to love it.

Hey Jimster,

You beat me by one day... I did the same as you, only an 06 Granite Gray, this past Saturday... got to ride it into work and it was a blast... can't wait until my trip out of state in two weeks... as others have said, welcome to the club!

Chris

As soon as I get a little time, and the weather cooperates I will take some pictures and post them here. I have not been able to get the grin off my face yet. I really love this bike.

Jimster wave.gif

Jimster, congrats on the new set of wheels. In Sept. I bought an 06' RT from BMW FT. Worth as well. The difference from my 00' R1100R is remarkable. In particular the weight and performance. Your RT weights the virtually the same as a 00' R1100R, but has 30 more horsepower and tons more torque. Impressive to say the least. No doubt you want to ride even while it is cold, I do. Ride to work most everyday. If you are in the market for heated gear to go with that terrific heated seat, let me recommend BMW or Widder gear. Also, a little birdy tells me First Gear is coming out with neat heated stuff in the near term. The reason is, BMW & Widder gear only draw 4 amps and is compatable with your outlet(s). Other stuff may draw more than 5 amps and require a work around. Not a big deal, but something to consider. Excellent choice, and if you see a Granite Grey 1200RT, wave, it might be me.

Congratulations! I got my 07 (silver) back in the middle of December and it just got its first 600 mile oil change - I know - sad- but been busy.

This weekend three of us are riding from Pasadena, California to Death Valley and back in one day. I can hardly wait.

While it was at the dealer for the oil change I had a Cee Bailey windshield installed as well as head protectors and the big top case as I plan on long rides - some day.

As soon as I get some photos I will post them. Congratulations again.

Right On Jimster!

Now that you got the wheels join us in Hill country March 22-24 ( or something like that). If you want, get in touch I'm in FW and I'm always up for riding.

thumbsup.gif

Archived